This thread is privately moderated by sailjester2811, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 08, 2020, 12:51 PM
RCG Admin
Good question!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2020, 03:53 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
I talked to Jody today and suggested this:

"Total number of consecutive 4min max flight times within 1 hour. The one hour window starts on the completion of the first 4min flight. Upon the first flight ending in less than 4 minutes, the next completed 4min flight resets the window to 1 hour."

The idea being that you start flying, work out a few bugs in your gear/mind, get your 4 minute flight, and then you have the next hour to get as many in a row. If you fail you don't have to wait till the end of the hour window but the subsequent tries for consecutive flights begin within their own hour window.

For example:

1. You throw and get a 4 minute flight (window starts, 60min to go)
2. Wait 10 minutes (10 minutes into window)
3. Throw and get the next (14 minutes into the window)
4. Wait 20 minutes (34 minutes into the window)
5. Throw get the third (38 minutes into the window)
6. At this point and then you could wait a maximum of 18 minutes (56 minutes into the window) before you had to throw and still have enough time to get your 4th.
Apr 08, 2020, 04:21 PM
Open the window , close the window, wait 4 seconds close the window, open the window
Apr 08, 2020, 06:24 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
I just wanted to mention it in case you didn't see the earlier posts where it looks to be changing from 2's to 4's for the contest next weekend.
I saw it. I was just kind of doing setup today and didn't do any flights over 3 minutes.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Apr 08, 2020, 06:53 PM
Jesper Frickmann
So, we can only get max. 15 4 min. flights ?
Apr 08, 2020, 07:46 PM
RCG Admin
More like 14 max even if you quick turn.
Apr 08, 2020, 10:22 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
More like 14 max even if you quick turn.
Noo... The 1 hour starts at the end of the first flight - so you have 4 min. total for turnarounds
Apr 08, 2020, 11:09 PM
RCG Admin
Ah. Didn’t catch that part. Window starts after your first 4. Will be interesting to see what all people can do. Conditions will play a big role so hope the weather is nice!
Apr 09, 2020, 06:52 AM
Jeff Carr
Well crap....This is the nicest 4 letter word I could use...

They closed my field because of all this sh....Crap. All locked down in SC now

Jeff
Apr 09, 2020, 07:47 AM
ƃuıʇɐǝʞ ʇʇoɔs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinav8n

Jeff
Unless the field is at a public facility that closed you should be able to fly under the terms of EO2020-21 (E)(5)
Latest blog entry: Sagitta 600 build 2018
Apr 09, 2020, 10:17 AM
Jody Miller
Thread OP
Thanks Jason!
Well I like Mikes idea, let’s do the first K contest like that next Saturday. One hour window.
If you guys don’t like it, I’ll just blame him.
Looking forward to this Saturday. Flying two different contest on the same day.
I’m doing this lowest launch and a 25 minute max, and the F5J contest https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...e-F5J-is-On%21
Apr 09, 2020, 10:42 AM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinav8n

Jeff

You can still fly a Whipit from your yard, right?!
Apr 09, 2020, 10:55 AM
Honorable Deplorable
Will have to do the 3j flights here …… to much water to land the planes. Though if I put floats on the planes I may have a fighting chance
Apr 09, 2020, 11:33 AM
This is a really neat concept. I'd like to try the F3K event next weekend, that's April 18th right?

I've never done this before, only flown my DLG for fun so I will probably be terrible but I'm going to try it anyways!
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Apr 09, 2020, 11:39 AM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
#1 have fun
#2 your smart phone in your pocket is a decent way to manage a task window like the 1 hour window. Better would be some fancy thing on your transmitter but if you don't have that you could use your smart phone
#3 if you haven't done any contest tasks just be aware of what you plane's battery life is. If you don't have telemetry and your plane just has battery capacity of about an hour and you are out there trying this task you could end up with a crashed plane from a dead battery. That is no fun and violates rule #1.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons

Quick Reply