E-flite – NEW Product Announcement and Latest Releases!

Check out the newest product announcement and latest releases from E-flite! The all-new UMX Citation Longitude Twin 30mm EDF, the UMX Turbo Timber, Air Tractor and more!!

Splash

JUST ANNOUNCED! The all-new UMX Citation Longitude Twin 30mm EDF

Designed to redefine the super-midsize private jet segment, the Cessna Citation Longitude is expected to revolutionize business travel by offering more range (up to 3500 nautical miles) while carrying greater payloads at higher cruise speeds (up to 550+ MPH). The E-flite® UMX™ (Ultra Micro eXtreme) Citation Longitude is an officially-licensed scale replica of the icon in the making that redefines performance for ultra micro class EDF jets by being the most powerful model in its class yet. With 3S-compatible 30mm EDF power systems, a scale outline and trim scheme, plus functional features including a full-flying stab and LED lights along with exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies, it offers a unique and exciting twin EDF experience – in a size that makes it possible to fly a jet in more places and smaller spaces including at soccer fields, football fields and large parks!

See this thread for additional information: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ul-UMX-EDF-yet

NOW SHIPPING! The all-new A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm EDF

See this thread for additional information: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...to-Fly-Hog-Yet!

AVAILABLE NOW! The UMX Turbo Timber

See this thread for additional information: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-of-a-UMX-Icon!

AVAILABLE NOW! The Air Tractor 1.5m

See this thread for additional information: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ly-Crop-Duster

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Apr 03, 2020 at 11:17 AM..
Apr 03, 2020, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Check out this RCG Online Trade Show 2020 exclusive overview video for the all-new E-flite UMX Citation Longitude:

RCG Online Trade Show - Overview: E-flite UMX Citation Longitude Twin 30mm EDF (13 min 40 sec)
Apr 03, 2020, 02:40 PM
I review RC Products
In for later
Apr 03, 2020, 03:34 PM
Gag....civvy and a jet.
Apr 03, 2020, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
And pre-orders are exceeding expectations so far! In fact, we may sell out of the first shipment before they start going out

Not everyone is going to like every model we release, which is why we will continue to release a wide variety of models...as you can see based on those we've released in the last ~6 months:
  • E-flite Su-30 Twin 70mm EDF
  • E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m
  • E-flite UMX Ultrix
  • E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m
  • E-flite Air Tractor 1.5m
  • HobbyZone Sport Cub S 2
  • Hangar 9 FX-3 Cub 100-200cc
  • E-flite A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm EDF
  • E-flite UMX Citation Longitude Twin 30mm EDF
  • And many more to come!
Last edited by Jason M; Apr 03, 2020 at 03:50 PM.
Apr 03, 2020, 07:05 PM
E-flite P-47 1.5 m Green with checkered nose... would be awesome...
Apr 03, 2020, 08:12 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster_1980
E-flite P-47 1.5 m Green with checkered nose... would be awesome...
Yeah! A 6s bubble-top with a detailed cockpit, a nice scale-diameter paddle-blade prop, oleo-strut retractable mains, a retractable tail-wheel, sequenced gear doors, and a set of removable stores!

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
Apr 04, 2020, 12:07 AM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
And pre-orders are exceeding expectations so far! In fact, we may sell out of the first shipment before they start going out

Not everyone is going to like every model we release, which is why we will continue to release a wide variety of models...as you can see based on those we've released in the last ~6 months:
  • E-flite Su-30 Twin 70mm EDF
  • E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m
  • E-flite UMX Ultrix
  • E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m
  • E-flite Air Tractor 1.5m
  • HobbyZone Sport Cub S 2
  • Hangar 9 FX-3 Cub 100-200cc
  • E-flite A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm EDF
  • E-flite UMX Citation Longitude Twin 30mm EDF
  • And many more to come!
That is a very impressive list and that is saying a lot considering I have no problem speaking my mind when planes fall short in nearly any area.

I selfishly have mixed feeling about the Citation selling that fast. I need it to make it to Amazon so I can get it, but I am also happy when an RC company is healthy and cranking out awesome planes that are selling well.

Those planes you have in the pipeline have me looking forward in an otherwise dark time.

GB
Apr 04, 2020, 10:14 AM
Horizon Hobby,

What can you tell us about the FMS Avanti V3 that just became available on your website? I'm looking for a first EDF and this is a candidate. I know it is a 6s plane, but you don't list a battery size. What is the heaviest battery you would fly in it?
Apr 04, 2020, 06:37 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
Jason M, when are the plastic cowls making a come back? The only thing keeping me from purchasing the Jug, and Corsair are the foam cowls...one nose over, and you have a nasty crunch, and blaring white, ground flat spot. At least with the plastic cowl, scraped paint added weathering....
Apr 04, 2020, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros27
What can you tell us about the FMS Avanti V3 <snip> What is the heaviest battery you would fly in it?
Pretty, isn't it? I was looking at it yesterday (as a "someday") then Googled up a description on aliexpress. LiPo 22.2V 2600-3300mAh 35C (not included).
Apr 04, 2020, 09:33 PM
I review RC Products
Pilot Ryan Media also has some good videos of that Avanti V3 to offer his special brand of perspective on that plane.
Apr 05, 2020, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmd_man
Jason M, when are the plastic cowls making a come back? The only thing keeping me from purchasing the Jug, and Corsair are the foam cowls...one nose over, and you have a nasty crunch, and blaring white, ground flat spot. At least with the plastic cowl, scraped paint added weathering....
Have you tried Foam Armor? I haven't, but it creates a hard shell when brushed onto foam, for protection of said foam. There may be other products out there that do the same!!!
Apr 05, 2020, 05:12 PM
The best new airplane on their website is the FMS Pitts 1400mm V2 by a MILE... 6S power too!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...v2-pnp-fmm126p
Apr 05, 2020, 05:58 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
Quote:
Originally Posted by codys
Have you tried Foam Armor? I haven't, but it creates a hard shell when brushed onto foam, for protection of said foam. There may be other products out there that do the same!!!
Hi, codys...can't say that I have, but a plastic cowl makes life easier by not crunching, flat spotting and easier maintenance if needed for the motor. All in all just better all the way around. The Commander mPd I have has a foam cowl, and wheel pants, and have gone thru 3 pairs, as their a weak spot on grass, and the cowl is due for replacement. Just disappointed at such a cost cutting move to save a few cents.

Quick Reply