ICARE Peregrinus 2M F5J Sailplane

Here's a new 2M electric sailplane from ICARE for under $500.

Splash

New 2M Model Available from ICARE

Here's a new 2M electric sailplane from ICARE for under $500.

Press Release

After our still successful Magellan family of thermal gliders and our continuing effort in development. We came up with this 2m f5j design in either cross tail or V-tail, the Peregrinus F5J. Wings are based on now very proven AG airfoils, it is built in the latest full carbon molding techniques. Leading to a very light yet also very sturdy airframe that is also well suitable for slope flying.

This airframe is designed to provide great handling and forgiving flight characteristics, results in a sailplane that will allow you to work small low-level thermals with confidence. Its low weight is a great thermal indicator, and the thin airfoil allows speedy cruising across sink. Construction is a fully molded airframe, in full carbon lay-up. Fuselage is high pressure molded full carbon, very light and strong and comes with its trimmed canopy. The V-tail, is removable, as well as the cross tail version comes apart for ease of transportation and control surfaces are actuated by the installed push rods, allowing precise control of the elevator and rudder. The whole wing is a moulded over foam core construction, giving light yet stiff wings. Aileron and flaps are live hinged for extra durability.

All parts of the Peregrinus are pre-finished, so very little time is required to get it into the air. The two-piece wing is completely finished nicely painted in the molds, it joins to the fuselage by means of a carbon rod. Servo wells are pre-made and require your servos installation. The molded V-tail is ready to plug in place. For the cross-tail version, fin is removable allowing to remove the elevator at the same time . Hardware package and instruction are completing the kit. We have very well balanced setup for this glider by using a small powerful Mega 16/15/5 F5J (which weights only 75 g), this setup will give a nice 300W. Other setups available upon request!

Peregrinus comes in a variety of colors, inquire for current available colors. We offer complete combo packages of this Peregrinus, just inquire for current pricing. No time to build, the Peregrinus is also available as Receiver ready PNF in limited quantities.

Check out the ICARE Peregrinus 2M F5J Sailplane Here

Specifications:

• Wing Span: 2.0 m (79")
  • Wing Area: 31.9 dm2 (477 sq. in.)
  • Wing Airfoil: AG
  • Wing Loading: 30 g/dm2 (8.4 oz/sq. ft.)
  • Flying Weight: 900-1000 g (34oz)
  • Radio: Sub Micro servos and micro receiver recommended
  • Motor: Mega 16/15/5CE F5J

Apr 02, 2020, 02:18 AM
900-1000g for a 2m on 32 sq dm
Apr 03, 2020, 01:18 AM
Camber down and screw it up.
Way too small for F5J, yet too big for F5K. Not sure where this fits in, nor why they call it 'F5J'.

--
Greg
Apr 03, 2020, 08:30 AM
ah dinnae ken
One could fly it in F5J to challenge themself.
Or, I guess one can fly it for fun.
I think the cross tail looks too much like an Xplorer. I like the V-tail better.
Apr 03, 2020, 09:22 AM
I recently assembled one for a client. Nice model, but not something I would recommend for F5J.
It's more of a warm liner and should be a good all around model for fun flying.

Lenny
Apr 03, 2020, 10:07 AM
Genoma² Paris, Fr
Agree.

Everything is outside the requirement of a F5J planes (size, weight, proportion...)

This has nothing to do here in F5J/Ales matters

This is just for advertisement I'm afraid. And that's a pitty!

Marc
Apr 03, 2020, 02:05 PM
Not F5J, but might be a fun plane anyway
Apr 03, 2020, 02:22 PM
Genoma² Paris, Fr
Never call a duck a cow!

this post should not be placed here in F5J!

You will never do F5J with such a plane. Look at the fin! designed for speed not for thermal!!

and the rest is as such !

this is advertisment and only advirtisement! I could not appreciate such a lie! even if it flyes!

sorry !

Marc
Apr 03, 2020, 05:01 PM
Uh-oh . Notice the date that Jason posted it. April Fool's day. F5J???? You don't suppose..... ???

--
Greg
Apr 03, 2020, 05:48 PM
Lenny
Is the wing strong enough and the fuselage big enough to make a hotliner out of it??
Apr 03, 2020, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1 fanspeed
Lenny
Is the wing strong enough and the fuselage big enough to make a hotliner out of it??
Now there's something you don't hear get asked about an 'F5J' plane very often.

--
Greg
Apr 03, 2020, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1 fanspeed
Lenny
Not really IMO. The carbon wing rod is probably the weak link, and battery space is limited. It's a warmliner at best.
I think it's best suited for a lightweight 500-800 watt power setup. I'm sure it would handle normal aerobatic flight and thermal fairly well too.
Might even make a good slope model with a built in "rescue motor".

Lenny
Apr 11, 2020, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdouglas
Uh-oh . Notice the date that Jason posted it. April Fool's day. F5J???? You don't suppose..... ???

--
Greg
At least it flies.

Having a light saber review in this forum is the real joke.
Too bad it was posted on April 2 so it was not a joke.

Quick Reply