This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 01, 2020, 06:34 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flight testing the 637T receiver

Mar 31, at WPMPA using Flyzone Calypso motorglider with flaps for testbed. Hand tossed glide to adjust elevator clevis position. Full power climbout SAFE Off (B2) flew OK with no limits during looping and rolling and diving. Was able to control plane. Light 5 mph winds so AS3X gust mitigation could not be seen.
With SAFE On (B0) and full power and full up Calypso climbed at an 85 degree angle and wanted to roll to the left. After landing Dave adjusted the TX elevator angle and on 2nd test flight the adjustment worked perfect with a 80 degree pitch but without any roll. To test out position B1 “intermediate” I saw no limits for pitch or roll. With power off I pushed down elevator and she went into a vertical dive but I could not pull out with up elevator. It was as if the elevator was lost or locked out. At the crash sight we collected pieces and at the pit table both elevator and rudder servos worked fine in B0 and B2. We decided not to experiment with further B1 testing. The Calypso was CA glued and reshaped back together for further testing. The motor works but the spinner and SMART battery can’t ge used due to impact damage. I ordered a 637T open stock to be programmed by Horizon for the Air Tractor program to test in a Test plane.
To be continued.
Last edited by VicT; Apr 01, 2020 at 06:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply