This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 31, 2020, 10:55 PM
Thread OP
Video

Eflite Rare Bear 880mm BNF Basic w/AS3X (4S Stock Parameter) Performance Flight

I was trying to save this video for Thursday, but I might as well post it now since my new APC 9x9E props arrived today and I'll be trying to get a video of my 4S Eflite Rare Bear with the APC 9x9E prop sometime this week. In the meantime...

The adventures of my $25 Eflite Rare Bear continue (this is the same display Eflite Rare Bear that I bought from my local hobby store for $25, several months ago from my buddy that manages the store. It was sadly just hanging upside down in the store collecting dust when I offered to buy it from him. Still fairly new, I decided to dust it off and go to work with it.

Aside from having all stock internals and 8x8 prop on 4S, I also added some features to make handlaunching a much easier task and to increase its durability:

1) Minwax Satin Finish Polycrylic-Coated Airframe (2 Coats) for paint protection.
2) Velcro Launch Grip with Dremeled Index Finger Notch for launch release stability.
3) Dubro Wing Tip Skids for Control Horn Skid Impact Protection.

An added effect of the Index Finger Notch was also a "low-hum resonating whistle" (similar to blowing air over a bottle) that can easily be heard during flight and in the video. I didn't expect this to happen... but pretty cool, nonetheless.

Here's a flight of me just jamming to the Eflite Rare Bear. Hope you enjoy the video!

Eflite Rare Bear 880mm BNF Basic w/AS3X (4S Stock Parameter) Performance Flight (4 min 18 sec)

Thanks Mike for catching this on your iPhone X!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply