This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 31, 2020, 06:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Rainbow2 with more prop

Rainbow2 flying wing with a 7045 prop (9 min 44 sec)

Prop is now a 7045 which pulls 15A+ from the battery .
First launch was conservative on power and the Rainbow fell out of the sky .
2nd launch was with more power ! ( Enough power to feel the wing trying to pull out of my hand )

With more power the R2 launches cleanly . That's the secret to launching wings , pony up with the OJ .. ( juice )

I think the wing actually flies better with the 7045 prop than with the 5x3x3 .. Speaking of flying , throttle was around 1/4 to 1/3 .. Hard to tell when flying . Good news is that it flies slow and clean when dialled in . It even glides nicely when the power is cut .

Colour me impressed ! especially if your looking for a slow wing or a fun wing .
Rates are still 50% with 70% Expo and the wing is just so stable and predictable ..
I did move the battery forward which looks to have helped enormously ..
CG looks to be right on about 160mm for that flight . ( With just a little bit more up elevator trim than the previous flight )

A) Feed in power for the launch
B) Some up elevator trim - lots of wings like this
C) Watch that CG
D) Don't over control the wing ( Elevon throws )
E) Be happy , fly RC !

I should thank Banggood again for sending me the R2 , don't know why I havent flown it more ? Might have been the DLG bug . I was crazy for DLG there for a while , I still like DLG but the weather has blown chunks for like all of 2019 . Hopefully 2020 is more DLG friendly .

Hmmmmm , DLG ...................
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply