Mar 30, 2020, 03:52 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
Discussion

Nice!? Really?

Last edited by Bob Gaito; Mar 30, 2020 at 07:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2020, 12:06 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Some could care less about the subject. They just want to stir things up for the fun of it.

Mar 31, 2020, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I don't get it. When you're in the military, you train for all conditions.
Apr 03, 2020, 12:14 AM
Keep a Steady Strain....
Maybe a model boat forum wasn't the best place to bring it up, but he wasn't wrong; those boats medically retired a lot of SEALs...
Apr 03, 2020, 09:50 AM
Just Plane Nutts
The military has always operated at extremes and people have always gotten hurt because of in the air, on the sea and on the ground, doing the toughest jobs using the most powerful of machines.

But we gotta do it because "the other guys" do it. Staying on top of things has never been an easy-chair world. Its the MILITARY.
Apr 03, 2020, 11:35 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
The fact of the matter is that the boat could do it and do it well-slow the boat down to 35-40kts and its just like any other boat. Speed those other boats up to 50KTS and they will come apart. The injuries occurred early on and design changes were made-like high G seats similar to what the offshore powerboats use-Any EX navy seal that I have communicated with only gave that boat good reviews..
Apr 03, 2020, 12:03 PM
I think Cyclop2 wrote what can be found on Wikipedia too: Even after modifications such as the addition of shock-absorbing seats, the boats are capable of generating up to 20 Gs of force while slamming across waves. This led to many cases of bruises, sprained ankles, chipped teeth, and back, neck and joint injuries. These injuries necessitated a replacement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_V...erations_Craft

Nevertheless it is an interesting boat to model.
Regards, Volker
Apr 03, 2020, 01:17 PM
Just Plane Nutts
So it's not the boat at fault, but the use of it.
Apr 03, 2020, 02:14 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
Wikipedia lists the Mark V at 65+KTS and its replacement the CB90 /Mark VI is listed at 45KTS-which would you rather drive? Just keep the stick back in high seas unless someone is chasing you-just sayin...
Apr 03, 2020, 03:31 PM
What some seem to FORGET, is the other option at times, is risking getting shot, killed, or captured.....
In these conditions, there probably isn't enough speed or HP available.
After all, we are talking "Special Ops", not your average Marine Unit.
Apr 03, 2020, 04:38 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCB
What some seem to FORGET, is the other option at times, is risking getting shot, killed, or captured.....
In these conditions, there probably isn't enough speed or HP available.
After all, we are talking "Special Ops", not your average Marine Unit.

If the mission and the current situation call for it, so be it. Take the pain. That's the job.

But if there is no critical cause for going so fast to or from a mission in rough conditions, then blame the boat operator or the commander who instructed him/her to go that fast. Still nothing here to condemn the craft over.
Apr 03, 2020, 04:49 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
This Navy Seal left this on my build log -scroll to posts #388 to #390 (Very Nice)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post44145641
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Apr 03, 2020 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply