Mar 30, 2020, 02:55 PM
Trader Rating: 24
Thread OP
Discussion

leaving negative feedback without buying anything

I would like to know why guys can leave negative feed back without buying anything. I had a guy wanting to buy a engine I had for sale and I did not like his attitude and since I had another guy wanting the same engine I sold it him. well this guy went off on me called me a few names and than went to my feedback and left negative feedback with a message that portrayed me in a very poor light. since we never had a deal how can he do this?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2020, 03:06 PM
Trader Rating: 61
Send lawyers, guns and money
Short answer: he can't. You can sell or refuse to sell to whomever you want. Even if it's just for a bad feeling. There's a certain etiquette involved, but as the saying goes " They be more like guidelines...".

Go into your feedback, in the 'Options' column there is a little triangular symbol (International alert??). Hit this and you can report a bad rating. I would take some screen shots, too. I suspect if he tries to post the rating up again after a mod removes it, he'll get some points or a timeout. Oh, and you should link to your original FSW thread in this forum.
Last edited by ahrma_581; Mar 30, 2020 at 03:12 PM.
Mar 31, 2020, 02:06 PM
Trader Rating: 341
looks like it was removed.
Mar 31, 2020, 02:31 PM
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco
I would like to know why guys can leave negative feed back without buying anything. I had a guy wanting to buy a engine I had for sale and I did not like his attitude and since I had another guy wanting the same engine I sold it him. well this guy went off on me called me a few names and than went to my feedback and left negative feedback with a message that portrayed me in a very poor light. since we never had a deal how can he do this?
They know it's not allowed. Good idea to quote and post their false feedback and post it here, before having the mods remove it from your feedback. That essentially serves the same purpose as proper feedback, warning others about someone they potentially might not want to deal with and have to play the same game of having to remove false feedback. In that case you're not slandering them as they did to you either. You're simply cutting and pasting what they improperly posted in your feedback for others to see, but in the proper context where you get to explain that no deal took place.
Mar 31, 2020, 03:04 PM
Trader Rating: 158
I've been trying to get a negative removed from a known scammer here and the mods do nothing.
Mar 31, 2020, 03:30 PM
Trader Rating: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardiedrg
I've been trying to get a negative removed from a known scammer here and the mods do nothing.
If money exchanged hands they won't.I have two from not as described that were posted in TT .

Quick Reply