Hitec RCD Online Booth

Hitec RCD has some cool things to check out. Go in to see the products and watch Jim T. Graham interview Mike Mayberry...

Splash

Hitec Trade Show Servos and More!

Here is my interview with Mike Mayberry from Hitec RCD...

RCGroups.com Online Trade Show - Hitec is Your Servo Headquarters (28 min 44 sec)

HS-7955TG

Hitec's best servo just got better. Based on the powerhouse HS-5955TG servo the HS-7955TG has the added benefit of our G2 second generation programmable digital circuit. This new circuit has twice the resolution of our original circuit while adding programmable overload protection. The HS-7955TG has been designed for the most demanding hobby applications including the largest aircraft and monster trucks. Featuring a titanic 333 oz./in. of torque at 6.0 volts, all this power is harnessed by incorporating the industries first Titanium gears for incredible wear resistance and two strong hardened steel gear pins and axial brass bushing in the servo case.

Features

• G2 Digital Circuit
  • Coreless Motor
  • Dual Ball Bearing Supported Output Shaft
  • Titanium Gear Train (MK first gear)

Programmable Functions

• End Point Adjustments
  • Direction
  • Fail Safe
  • Dead Band
  • Speed (Slower)
  • Overload Protection
  • Resolution
  • Data Save / Load
  • Program Reset

Accessories

• Titanium Gear Set | Link |
  • Metal / Karbonite 1st Gear Set | Link |
  • Plastic / Aluminum Case Set | Link |
  • Applicable Horns

Product link - https://hitecrcd.com/products/servos...7955tg/product

HS-7950TH

Hitec's strongest servo period, the "Ultra Torque" HS-7950TH is designed to operate on a two cell LiPo Pack. Featuring our high resolution "G2" second generation programmable digital circuit and our indestructible Titanium gears, the HS-7950TH has the performance and durability you've come to expect from a Hitec servo. Other features in the HS-7950TH include a 7.4V optimized coreless motor, integrated heat sink case, and a top case with two hardened steel gear pins supported by axial brass bushing.

The HS-7950TH has been designed for the most demanding hobby applications including the largest aircraft and monster trucks. Featuring a titanic 403 oz./in. of torque at 6.0 volts, while still maintaining a respectable 0.15 second transit time.

Features

• G2 Digital Circuit
  • Titanium Gear Train (MK first gear)
  • Ultra Performance Coreless Motor
  • Heatsink Case
  • (8) O-Rings for Water/Dust/Fuel protection
  • Dual Ball Bearing Supported Output Shaft

Programmable Functions

• End Point Adjustments
  • Direction
  • Fail Safe
  • Dead Band
  • Speed (Slower)
  • Overload Protection
  • Resolution
  • Data Save / Load
  • Program Reset
  • *These features are only programmable with the HFP-20, HPP-20 or HPP-21 programmers.

Accessories

• Titanium Gear Set | Link |
  • Metal / Karbonite 1st Gear Set | Link |
  • Plastic / Aluminum Case Set | Link |
  • Applicable Horns

Product Link - https://hitecrcd.com/products/servos...7950th/product

RDX1 Mini

Expanding on the popularity and superior performance of our RDX1 charger line, we are proud to introduce the AC input, micro processor RDX1 Mini. Hitec’s sleekly-designed, compact AC charger packs 65 watts of power into a fraction of the size of most chargers to meet your battery management requirements. It is compatible with a full range of the most popular battery types, including the new generation LiHV. With 6 amps of maximum charging current and 2 amps of discharging current, our RDX1 Mini is the next best way to stay charged with Hitec!

Features

• User-Friendly LCD Interface
  • Stores 10 Different Battery Memory Charge/Discharge Profiles
  • Terminal Voltage Control
  • Built-in Balance Connector (JST, XT)
  • Cell Balancing While Discharging
  • Balance, Standard, Fast and Storage Modes for All Lithium Battery Chemistries
  • Re-Peak Charge Mode and Delta-Peak Sensitivity for NiMH/NiCd Batteries
  • Optional Temperature Sensor for NiCd/NiMH Charging
  • Built-in XT60 Connector
  • Smart Ventilation Fan

Charging Specifications

• AC Input: 100-240 Volts AC
  • Charge Power: 65 Watts
  • Charge Current Range: 0.1 – 6.0 Amps
  • Discharge Power: 10 Watts
  • Discharge Current Range: 0.1 – 2.0 Amps
  • Current Drain for LiPo Balancing: 200mA per Cell
  • NiCd/NiMH Battery Cell Count: 6 - 8 Cells
  • LiPo/LiHV/LiFe/Lilon Cell Count: 2 - 4 Cells
  • Pb Battery Voltage: 6 - 12 Volts

Dimensions:

4.61 x 4.17 x 2.17 in. (117 x 106 x 55mm) Weight: .69 lbs. (315g)

Product Link - https://hitecrcd.com/products/charge...1-mini/product

RDX2 Mini

Our RDX Battery Charger line offers an array of efficient, sleeRDX2_Manual_FINAL.pdfkly-designed chargers for all discerning hobbyists. The new RDX2 Mini is a two-channel charger, featuring independent circuits which allow the user to charge two batteries simultaneously, regardless of chemistry or capacity. With a powerful, combined 100 watt charging output and 5A current, the RDX2 Mini offers the punch needed to charge 2-4 cell packs at an affordable price. The convenient front-loading design has the balaRDX2_Manual_FINAL.pdfncing and XT60 ports readily accessible for ease of operation at your workshop, flying field or raceway. Additional features include AGM and Cold Charge Modes to safely and easily charge conventional lead-based and absorbed glass mat batteries in cold conditions.

Features

• User-Friendly LCD Interface
  • Stores 10 Different Battery Memory Charge/Discharge Profiles
  • AGM and Cold Charge Modes
  • Terminal Voltage Control
  • Built-in Balance Connector
  • Balance, Standard, Fast and Storage Modes for All Lithium Battery Chemistries
  • Re-Peak Charge Mode and Delta-Peak Sensitivity For NiMH/NiCd Batteries
  • Optional Temperature Sensor for NiCd/NiMH Charging
  • Two (2) Built-in XT60 Connectors
  • Smart Ventilation Fan

Charging Specs

• AC Input: 100-240 Volts AC
  • Charge Power: 100 Watts (2x 50 Watts)
  • Charge Current Range: 0.1 – 5.0 Amps
  • Discharge Power: N/A
  • Current Drain for LiPo Balancing: 300mA per Cell
  • NiCd/NiMH Battery Cell Count: 6 - 8 Cells
  • LiPo/LiHV/LiFe/Lilon Cell Count: 2 - 4 Cells
  • Pb Battery Voltage: 6 - 12 Volts
  • Dimensions: 3.5 x 3.9 x 5.0 in. (90 x 100 x 127mm)
  • Weight: 1.1 lbs. (50kg)
RDX2 Mini Charger AC Cord Two (2) T-Type Connectors

Product Link - https://hitecrcd.com/products/charge...2-mini/product

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Apr 03, 2020 at 07:08 AM..
Apr 03, 2020, 02:27 PM
Interesting. I looked for some 7950's and 7955's a few months back and they were discontinued... replaced by the D-Series units of a similar model#.. IE.. D950, D955, etc..

I did get some of the D-Series and they seem to be everything and more that the 79** series was... I'm very pleased with the D-Series at this point...

I'm just curious though, as even a current search(in last 10minutes still shows nothing in the 79** series available anywhere, except possibly EBay or Amazon, and then it gets very sketchy on availability and pricing.

Here's a few examples of main stream suppliers and the 7955 availability....

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hitec-h...c37955s/p25352

https://www.servocity.com/hs-7955tg

https://www.motionrc.com/pages/searc...q=hitec+d950tw

Motion even redirects to the D950's... saying "nothing found for 7950".

I do own several 7950's and 55's, which is the reason I wanted more, they've been good for me so far.... but this is just an FYI here. You'all might want to put the DSeries up in your thread... they're good servos no doubt. I was actually seeing about any deals on those..
Apr 03, 2020, 02:49 PM
Any chance weekenderwarehouse.com will be back online soon? Even if you can't fulfill the orders right now... totally understandable... still nice to see the site.
Apr 03, 2020, 06:22 PM
Fully Sending It
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGrant
Interesting. I looked for some 7950's and 7955's a few months back and they were discontinued... replaced by the D-Series units of a similar model#.. IE.. D950, D955, etc..

I did get some of the D-Series and they seem to be everything and more that the 79** series was... I'm very pleased with the D-Series at this point...

I'm just curious though, as even a current search(in last 10minutes still shows nothing in the 79** series available anywhere, except possibly EBay or Amazon, and then it gets very sketchy on availability and pricing.

Here's a few examples of main stream suppliers and the 7955 availability....

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hitec-h...c37955s/p25352

https://www.servocity.com/hs-7955tg

https://www.motionrc.com/pages/searc...q=hitec+d950tw

Motion even redirects to the D950's... saying "nothing found for 7950".

I do own several 7950's and 55's, which is the reason I wanted more, they've been good for me so far.... but this is just an FYI here. You'all might want to put the DSeries up in your thread... they're good servos no doubt. I was actually seeing about any deals on those..
This was very curious to me as well, as the 7955 and 7950 were both discontinued years back when I was with the company. Sales were beginning to shift to the new D950 and D955 models being that they were superior in many ways and many liked the 25T spline that was compatible with many MKS, Savox, and Futaba servos (making them a drop in upgrade for many of the aforementioned brand models). I personally did not see many people still trying to locate the older models, aside from specialty applications that couldn't use the newer models.

What my sources in the company are saying is that there was some kind of need for these older models to return, therefore they are spooling up production on the 7955 and 7950 models again. They do work well for what they are, and the price point certainly is there. That being said, I am still pushing new Hitec users to the D955 and D950 models due to their superior performance, less current draw, more crisp and refined feel, and a host of other features and functions.
Apr 04, 2020, 01:27 AM
I agree, having pretty much all models mentioned, 7950, 7955, D950, D955, and even a monster D980, I've found the D's superior in my experience.

I'll probaby stick to those for a while, unless the 79**'s are re-released, and are extremely reasonable price. The 79's were no slouch though.. I thought they were pretty good stuff too.

The only thing I had to do for the D's was change out the servo arms from 24t to 25t.... so that does add about $10-$15 for each servo(at least until I have a new collection of 25t arms)..
Apr 05, 2020, 07:07 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I've really found the HiTec indoor offerings quite appealing, any new indoor aircraft coming this season?
Apr 06, 2020, 04:09 PM
You down with EPP?
7954?????? My fav
Apr 08, 2020, 12:37 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Hey Guys... Thanks for the questions.

Hitec decided to bring these two very popular servos back at a reduced price point 7955:$92.99/ 7950:$102.99 as another option for the consumer. They will be available at the usual outlets shortly!

Weekender warehouse will remain closed for the time being due to the current situation and our limited ability to ship. You can see all the products though at http://www.hitecrcd.com

The current line up of the two colors of Extra 330's & Funny Cub, Challenger Bi-Plane, and Slick 360 are all the will be available for now. The only one we are missing is the Slick 360 4D with thrust vectoring and reversing thrust motor but hopefully we'll get it in the future as well. The kits are currently available at Northwest RC https://northwestrc.com/Foam-and-Indoor_c_182.html

The 7954 and 7955 are essentially the same servo with the only difference being steel gears vs titanium. The D954SW which replaced the 7954 is still only $89.99

Stay safe everyone!

Mike
Apr 08, 2020, 01:02 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
YES on the Slick 360 4d PLEASE!!!

That is awesome! Is the TV on the yaw axis, like the Twisted Slick Super Lite?
I really enjoy the Twisted Slick, and am really eager to see your HiTec offering.
Old Jun 04, 2020, 05:07 PM
Anti ARF
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread).

Quick Reply