Oct 28, 2020, 04:02 AM
Made 2 rails from balsa and painted them white so te hatch can rest on that.
Did make some struts in the hatch. Will make it nicer and stronger later.
Made a hole in te vertical stabilizer voor de crsf nano recieve with a stock antenna. The receiver will be mounted to in the vert . Will secure the antenna extra with hotglue and heatshrink. Will keep my verts detachable. .

Hatch sits nice and flush now .

Test print a airscoop . Not happy yet . But will change it.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2020, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikjede1ste
Hi mate i ordered mine at.
http://www.vasamodel-eshop.cz

I think you have to contact the builder for the colors.
Build is not complete yet but here is a picture before the build.
Great colors! OK, I didn't know Vasa will do custom colors, will contact them to see what they can do.
Oct 28, 2020, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Made 2 rails from balsa and painted them white so te hatch can rest on that.
Did make some struts in the hatch. Will make it nicer and stronger later.
Made a hole in te vertical stabilizer voor de crsf nano recieve with a stock antenna. The receiver will be mounted to in the vert . Will secure the antenna extra with hotglue and heatshrink. Will keep my verts detachable. .

Hatch sits nice and flush now .

Test print a airscoop . Not happy yet . But will change it.
Really like the CF embedded antenna idea. How are you attaching the verts, bolt-on? Also, saw this on Thingy, great looking scoop.
Oct 28, 2020, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForbes
Really like the CF embedded antenna idea. How are you attaching the verts, bolt-on? Also, saw this on Thingy, great looking scoop.
Hi ,

Yes standard the model comes with 2 steel pins for each vert . Then you can bold on the verts with 2 screws .

Thanks for the tip . I will print it and see if it works. Although i think I need a scoop instead of a duct style. Really need to ram some air to the esc.
Oct 28, 2020, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForbes
Great colors! OK, I didn't know Vasa will do custom colors, will contact them to see what they can do.

This link is what vaclav sended me one time . Many more colors available.

https://vasamodel.rajce.idnes.cz/Fusion/
Oct 28, 2020, 10:13 AM
Adjusted the file to fit the fuselage . Much better now. ofcourse i will print it in better quality.

Will share stl later
Last edited by Erikjede1ste; Oct 28, 2020 at 10:33 AM.
Oct 28, 2020, 01:48 PM
@ Rupert.

We talked about the CG
You suggested to take a few mm in front of the factory CG.
Did you take a few mm in front of the 35mm or the 40mm ?
Oct 29, 2020, 07:31 AM
312mph FPV
Thread OP
Quote:
@ Rupert.

We talked about the CG
You suggested to take a few mm in front of the factory CG.
Did you take a few mm in front of the 35mm or the 40mm ?
Just has a look at my electric version, I make it between 37 and 30mm... like I say I'm not sure of the exact best position as it does change with weight and I have flown a few power set-up's, so have had different CG positions. But for sure 40mm is hard to fly.. see the first video at 40mm and how I am fighting to control pitch, but in the second video It is becoming more stable at 32mm, but still has some sensitivity in pitch.
Vasa Fusion FPV.. maiden flight..341 kmh. (1 min 7 sec)

The Omegooliebird (6 min 8 sec)
Oct 29, 2020, 07:36 AM
312mph FPV
Thread OP
The Jet was very stable in flight at 25-30mm, but I could feel myself pulling in some elevator as it was slowing down, and was 1/8 back on the stick to keep it level at 100kmh for the landing. So 25-30 is too far forward for the Jet. There are some aerodynamic differences between the electric and the Jet, so not a completely fair comparison of cg, but does suggest that 30mm is the minimum.
Oct 29, 2020, 07:50 AM
Cool thank you very much. Will start with 32mm and slowly moving forward if I notice nervous pitch control.
Nov 01, 2020, 07:27 AM
today i made the airscoop. i made an existing file to make it pefect fit to the fuselage curves. file is attached if needed.

my buddy printed this in ABS put tiny things is tricky with abs.
But after some sanding it looks fine.
Airscoop glued in with 5min epoxy.
Nov 01, 2020, 11:45 AM
312mph FPV
Thread OP
Great work again mate! Very neat! That will give nice airflow for sure... Maybe add a little 50gsm glass fabric/resin on the inside to join that to the panel..There will be quite some drag force on it..probably not needed though, just an idea.

Tested my new power set-up today. 14s. Holy crap! More volts does indeed equal more poo. The thing was scary loud. All good though, no smoke or de-sync.

14s quick battery/ESC/motor test (0 min 25 sec)
Nov 01, 2020, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGOOLIEBIRD
Great work again mate! Very neat! That will give nice airflow for sure... Maybe add a little 50gsm glass fabric/resin on the inside to join that to the panel..There will be quite some drag force on it..probably not needed though, just an idea.

Tested my new power set-up today. 14s. Holy crap! More volts does indeed equal more poo. The thing was scary loud. All good though, no smoke or de-sync.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNnyBdtdsDk
Damn ! That sound !!! Its nuts but so beautiful!!
Never heard this power before ! Awesome.

Yes will definitely add some strength from the bottom.

What motor did you use for the 14s ?
Nov 02, 2020, 05:39 PM
312mph FPV
Thread OP
Quote:
Damn ! That sound !!! Its nuts but so beautiful!!
Never heard this power before ! Awesome.

Yes will definitely add some strength from the bottom.

What motor did you use for the 14s ?
I wont share the motor until I have tried it. I do not want others to buy the wrong thing if it doesn't work.. I think the KV is too high already... oh yeah and also I want to be the first electric FPV plane to see 500kmh, some body else might do it first! haha! One I have flown it or done some more testing then I will share. For some idea, it is 500g...
Last edited by OMEGOOLIEBIRD; Nov 11, 2020 at 12:18 PM.
Nov 03, 2020, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGOOLIEBIRD
I wont share the motor until I have tried it. I do not want others to buy the wrong thing if it doesn't work.. I think the KV is too high already... oh yeah and also I want to be the first electric FPV plane to see 500kmh, some body else might do it first! haha! One I have flown it or done some more testing then I will share. Fore some idea, it is 500g...
Ah i see . Looks pretty big on the video.
But i understand.

Quick Reply