Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Apr 07, 2005, 04:47 PM
Find More Posts by gmaz7

not sure what the problem is?

I have a DF heli and a 1200 lipo battery 8c, which is going into cutoff with a full battery? my ESC is set to cut at 6v it's been checked and is working properly, I went from the gws frame to the to the venom frame which has taller gearing could this be a problem? but even befor the swap of frames, when flying I would be very close to cutoff anyways and would not get alot of fly time before the cutoff would happen, maybe 6 minutes is there anything I can do?

I think the battery is crap?

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2005, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by hoppy
Space Coast USA
Taller gearing, earlier cutoff - that makes sense. Change the gearing or up the mah capacity of the battery.
Old Apr 07, 2005, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by Milton
If your battery is a 1200mAh running at 6C you will not get more flying time than you are getting. Look at some larger mAh batteries for longer run times
Running at 1C = 1 Hr discharge
Devide the no of C rate into 60 and you will get your discharge time and then as a rule with a good battery and high discharge rate go 80% times that
1200 at 8C = 60 devided by 8 = 7.5 min time 80% = 6 min run time.
Hope this helps
Milton
Old Apr 07, 2005, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
If the 1200 8C rated battery happens be a Kokam or ElectriFly then there have been many reports of these batteries not holding volts under load very well.

Charles
Old Apr 07, 2005, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by gmaz7
Yes it is a Kokam and when I charge it on my triton I can only put 850 mah back in it, even if I do a full discharge? will changing my gearing help?
I think I will look into a better battery.

Thanks
Old Apr 07, 2005, 07:21 PM
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaz7
Yes it is a Kokam and when I charge it on my triton I can only put 850 mah back in it, even if I do a full discharge? will changing my gearing help?
I think I will look into a better battery.

Thanks
I very often get accused of bashing Kokams but the simple fact is non of mine have performed well
See Graph here. note that the Kokam in the graph is a 1500 rated at 8C.
There are many more graphs in the Battery Graph Vault.
Here is a good comparison of a Kokam 1500 and a smaller much ligher less expensive iRate 1100.

Charles