This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 26, 2020, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Rainbow2 Flying Wing

Rainbow2 Flying Wing (8 min 23 sec)

Wow , sent a long time ago by banggood.com , and did I fly it before ?
I could not find it on my Transmitter , so I did a re-bind and possibly a re-maiden !

A) Needs more power on launch ( under powered ) , that 5030x3 prop only pulls 5A full throttle .. So might need more prop .
B) What glue did I use , those harsh landings were loosening the main front carbon spars ( re-glued now )
C) 50% rates and 70% Expo
D) CG was around 170mm from the nose for that flight .. R2 was hunting both up and down , so I would call the CG too far back .
E) Flies slow and easy , might make for an excellent first wing as long as you keep the CG sensible .
F) For your maiden , make sure you run some up elevator , just a little . But nothing can compensate for a lack of power .
G) When you cut power , glides like a champ . ( Might work well on a slope )

I like it . Still needs some tuning for CG etc , but shows a really nice slow capability . I will have to pick another prop that loads up the motor a little more and gives better thrust . Once your flying you can back off the throttle , but at launch you want some power/thrust .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply