This thread is privately moderated by Tahoed, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2020, 04:23 AM
Beach Bum
Looks like a nasty impact. Very good that the wings survived, they are difficult to rebuild in my experience. Nice to see the different stages of repair. Looks good.
Mar 28, 2020, 11:27 AM
Money>Sense
I had a Gabby for years, my first slope ship and traveling model (gun case). I wrecked it in Utah not even as bad as yours and I tossed it. Of course, the wings were munched also.
Mar 28, 2020, 11:44 AM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
The Gabby was my first moldie. At some point, I'll probably pass it along to some aspiring sloper. Here's my current Gun Case occupant......
Last edited by Tahoed; Mar 29, 2020 at 10:37 AM.
Mar 29, 2020, 10:29 AM
Money>Sense
Is there a slope site near S Lake Tahoe? I have a friend out there and am out there most years, never seen or heard of anything.
Mar 29, 2020, 10:37 AM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
There's actually several. Landing areas are a bit rough....
Mar 30, 2020, 12:50 PM
Nicely done...

One piece of friendly advice....That CF is good sheeeeit...but not worth a darn for radio signals to penetrate....
Mar 30, 2020, 01:35 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by onio condor
Nicely done...

One piece of friendly advice....That CF is good sheeeeit...but not worth a darn for radio signals to penetrate....
Just make sure the antennas are outside and it's OK. I've got a couple of CF planes....
Mar 30, 2020, 10:30 PM
Money>Sense
Yea I noticed you had an all carbon plane there in your gun case (always looking for a good transport sloper). Guess that's why you responded to my other thread about carbon fuses and antennas. My all carbon Ceres is really giving me fits. AND, the way things are going I won't even be able to fly it this year at Soar Utah. I might have this plane 2-3 years before flying it.
Mar 30, 2020, 10:55 PM
That thing almost hit me
Thread OP
The plane in the case is a Jester. Comes apart and goes together without any bolts or screws.
If you haven't seen the thread..... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...wing-prototype
Two events I always attend have been canceled. If things have settled down by September, I might make the trek. I've always wanted to fly P.O.M.
I just started to build a PSS P-39 Aircobra since it looks like my house is the safest place at the moment.
Mar 31, 2020, 09:58 PM
Money>Sense
SU as an event seems to be slowing down, so IF they have it this year, might be the time to come out. Actually, this year its kinda semiofficial I'm told. We will have exclusive use of the site but no T shirts or Sat night BBQ, all of which I can live with.

Quick Reply