Mar 23, 2020, 11:44 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Covid-19 Cabin Fever, what to do?

With this horrible Virus, bad weather and many people staying home, I am going through "no flying" withdrawal symptom (NFWS ). I checked stupid "Siri" and it said there are no "RC Psychological" clinics in my area...Soooooo, what to do??

Can't run engines outside and make noises to bother my neighbors due to rain and winds. So I started assembling two new ARF's and upgrading an old Pattern ship with a newly rebuilt YS 140...

I also rebuilt two Really old Rossi's 40 and 45...

I'll post pix later if you guys interested...

Still feeling the NFWS....LOL

What about you? are you as sick as I?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2020, 11:52 AM
It's going to be gorgeous on Friday and I'm off work. There is about as good a chance of Elvis showing up at our flying field as there is another guy flying. If Elvis does show, We'll take a selfie and I'll post it here.

In the meantime, I have two clunker planes I just picked up at a swap meet to get ready to fly, a sukhoi that needs bodywork and paint, an SE5A that is barely in the bones, and about 100 other airplanes to build beyond that.

So, no sickness here.

carl
Mar 23, 2020, 12:12 PM
I went flying today. The County park where our flying field is, is open but I don't know for how long. Just about all the parks and beaches in this area are closed. State parks, closed, no camping etc.
Last edited by JimboPilotFL; Mar 26, 2020 at 07:14 PM.
Mar 23, 2020, 12:43 PM
Still gassin' it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ehab
Can't run engines outside and make noises to bother my neighbors due to rain and winds. So I started assembling two new ARF's and upgrading an old Pattern ship with a newly rebuilt YS 140...
I would most definitely make a canopy or something and bother those neighbours! Next best thing after an RC Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgrover
If Elvis does show, We'll take a selfie and I'll post it here.
Just keep the 5 ~6 ft "social distance"... You don't know where Elvis has been...
Mar 23, 2020, 02:06 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
With this horrible Virus, bad weather and many people staying home, I am going through "no flying" withdrawal symptom (NFWS ). I checked stupid "Siri" and it said there are no "RC Psychological" clinics in my area...Soooooo, what to do??

I also rebuilt two Really old Rossi's 40 and 45...

I'll post pix later if you guys interested...

Still feeling the NFWS....LOL

What about you? are you as sick as I?
Build a balsa airplane instead of assembling an ARF........hahahahahahaha........at least that's what I am doing.
Mar 23, 2020, 02:07 PM
AMA 46133
>>Just keep the 5 ~6 ft "social distance"... You don't know where Elvis has been... <<

Just remember this virus is very resistant to heat!!!
Mar 23, 2020, 03:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
Build a balsa airplane instead of assembling an ARF........hahahahahahaha........at least that's what I am doing.
LOL.....I am too greedy and I want to fly many planes as soon as possible. I am not set up for building kits, I wish I had the talent like you guys, I am just a simple city guy!!!!

I am tinkering with this.. Excuse the dinning table...
Mar 23, 2020, 03:04 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
LOL.....I am too greedy and I want to fly many planes as soon as possible. I am not set up for building kits, I wish I had the talent like you guys, I am just a simple city guy!!!!

I am tinkering with this.. Excuse the dinning table...
Is that the UpRoar V2? You will have to use a large prop with fine pitch. The fun fly type plane does not like to fly fast. Everything will flutter.
Mar 23, 2020, 03:05 PM
One of the worlds best hobbies
Practice fainting at health conferences.
Mar 23, 2020, 05:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary cee
practice fainting at health conferences.
lol.....
Mar 23, 2020, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
Is that the UpRoar V2? You will have to use a large prop with fine pitch. The fun fly type plane does not like to fly fast. Everything will flutter.
Darn it Hansen, your eyes too good....
Mar 23, 2020, 06:14 PM
Whats that drip ?
I have flown every day for the last 10 days here in Southern California, and we have a stay at home order in place. I will continue to fly as long as they keep the access gate open to the flight field.
Mar 23, 2020, 06:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlyer
I have flown every day for the last 10 days here in Southern California, and we have a stay at home order in place. I will continue to fly as long as they keep the access gate open to the flight field.
Rub it in............
Mar 23, 2020, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
JK......good for ya!
Mar 23, 2020, 06:29 PM
A man with too many toys
Sunlight (UV radiation) kills virus so going outside on a sunny day is actually better than staying indoors as long as you keep a safe distance from others. Doctors know that but I don't think politicians realize that fact.

Quick Reply