This thread is privately moderated by Jim T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 21, 2021, 07:43 PM

Hay, Im back.

I have been computerless for more years than I care ... But what I missed the most was R/C Groups. Although I would like to get my old user name back (and mayby I will) it still feels like comming home.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2021, 12:48 PM

Im going to need some help ...

... Im almost 71 years old, & not in the least "tec-savy" to say the least I need someone to point me in the right direction to being able to post pictures, back in the day, i didnt have the equipment to post pictures, did it using a borrowed smart-phone, sending them to free site that stored them, than when l wanted to post, l moved them from the sight to my blog page, reply, or wherever l wanted. ls the prosess still the same? Or is there a better way? My phone is an android ... Thank you, Laramie.
May 17, 2021, 04:59 PM
oicafd 207127
Thanks for having me, glad to be back in the hobby
May 17, 2021, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmoreau13
... Im almost 71 years old, & not in the least "tec-savy" to say the least I need someone to point me in the right direction to being able to post pictures, back in the day, i didnt have the equipment to post pictures, did it using a borrowed smart-phone, sending them to free site that stored them, than when l wanted to post, l moved them from the sight to my blog page, reply, or wherever l wanted. ls the prosess still the same? Or is there a better way? My phone is an android ... Thank you, Laramie.
welcome back!

i'm old and non tech as well. i have an i phone, but the process might be similar.

1) click reply, then click 'advanced'

2) type what you want in the dialog box, then click 'done'

3) below the dialog box is a link 'attachments'. click then, then select where they are on your phone. mine says 'photo library'
4) select the photo (s) and click 'done'. the pics should attach, and then click 'submit reply'.

some sites make you post for awhile before they allow attachments. videos must be linked from youtube.
Jun 20, 2021, 11:21 AM
Can my user name be changed, it doesn't seem to make since to many of the members so I'd like to change it to something a little more conventional.

I get the feeling that some of my posts are ignored like I'm possible a troll.
Jul 18, 2021, 07:29 AM
I am having trouble replying to PM . Help please
Thx. Onestep48
Jul 30, 2021, 08:31 PM

crrcboatz new here but not to rcboating

Began rc boating 1977 Nitro till late 80s. Gas till 2013. Got out and have been shooting rimfire and paper with centerfire since then. Reconnected with 2 dear boating friends from Texas at the Dallas races a couple of wks ago. Super time. Came home and ordered a 51 inch offshore cat with twin4084s. Backordered so will be a month until I receive it. Will be looking for LOTS of help with FE boats. Excited to be back and around the fine folks in boating. My friends in Texas are 2 of the best human beings on this planet! Thank you Lord for returning them into my life.
Aug 04, 2021, 07:44 PM

Great site, Getting Started

Hi Jim, I am back to the hobby after 50 years away. I have just received my Wings from the NZMA and have finished, flown my first model (Sig Cadet Senior Trainer) and am loving it.
I have just acquired a Reed Falcon 54" from an estate which had been sitting around for years gathering dust and deteriorating. It had flown many times from 2005 - 2008 I believe but required a lot of attention.

I have cleaned it up, replaced batteries, electrics (servos, receiver etc) and have "stripped, rebuilt" & run the Saito 120.
I have commenced the search for information on this beautiful Biplane, and the only place where there has been recent discussion is on RCGroups :-)

I now need some technical information with regards to this model to prepare for the first flight, and any hints on flying.
My Question: How and where should I start this discussion ? for example, I need the COG, and throws for the Rudder, Elevator and Ailerons.

Thanks so much for your assistance,
Doug
Aug 05, 2021, 12:33 AM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
........................ videos must be linked from youtube.
No!
They can be linked from other video host sites such as Vimeo et. al. as well as youtube.
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; Aug 05, 2021 at 03:04 PM.
Aug 05, 2021, 10:51 AM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
Quote:
I now need some technical information with regards to this model to prepare for the first flight, and any hints on flying.
My Question: How and where should I start this discussion ? for example, I need the COG, and throws for the Rudder, Elevator and Ailerons.
Your best bet is to use the search function on the site to find any data on this bird that might be out there.
Sep 19, 2021, 12:27 PM
How do I delete old PMs?
Oct 18, 2021, 07:50 AM
who has rabbit ears down

Thank You Jim and Jason!

I'm back!
Thanks SO MUCH for keeping me "up to Tech"
I find there are some sequential things to get aligned, But do ya remember in the Poltergeist movie when the little girl said " They're here! " ??
Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!
Thanks again!
Johnny
Latest blog entry: Only Jim and Jason can!
Oct 24, 2021, 07:24 PM
How do I delete a thread?
Oct 24, 2021, 08:51 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTERZUG
How do I delete a thread?
You cannot as far as I know.
You can lock a thread that you started, but it is considered very bad manners by some, as it closes of any further discussion.

Quick Reply