Mar 22, 2020, 06:45 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Picked up an old Zero from a friend and bringing it back
To life .
Being home bound working faster now

Oppsey included some old spit pics !
Last edited by Ldm; Mar 22, 2020 at 07:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2020, 09:42 PM
Held by Grace
After this past week end {the first 2 days on my furlough} I have finished my mini Machine from Dan's Extreme Gliders with a build log.
Next up complete the covering on a DAW P-51 wing ,then jump back on my 60" Machine build and log
Next in que :complete a DAW 2m 1-26
Mike
Mar 23, 2020, 12:14 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Late last year I saw a video of a Lazy Bee on the slope:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

I set out to get a kit and build one in January. https://www.andyclancydesigns.com/ was supposed to have them, and I guess they do now, but they didn't when I wanted one, so I started scratch building one out of balsa. Then decided that I don't have a slope anything like the video and I have seen my landings, so I decided to cut one out of EPP.

I quickly cut the wing and started to cut the fuselage, but my band saw drive belt blew up. Of course it's some special kind and there's not one available in town, so I ordered on online. Just the way life works sometimes. Anyway, the pictures show how far I have gotten so far. The wing is pretty much like the original design. I'm not sure what airfoil the original design has, but I used a Clark Y. I lengthened the fuselage nose a little since I won't have a motor up there and set the wing down into the fuselage to clean up the front profile a little. It's easier to do with a block of foam than balsa.

Mark
Mar 23, 2020, 04:29 PM
Yes, ALL your money...

CF fuselage repair pt2

Another plane saved from the shelf of shame!
Mar 23, 2020, 05:52 PM
On the Go Fly List
Doc, nice to see your surgery skills.

Adam
Mar 23, 2020, 06:07 PM
Thread OP
Nice patch Doc

Living up to that name
Mar 23, 2020, 06:14 PM
Thread OP
Found a couple more projects, while roaming around the garage,

Jeremy had passed me a Great Plane Electric Cub from his brother a while back and I'd stored away a LEG Guppy kit in the closet for I-don't-know how long. I also have a Sagitta 900 wing kit to build for my ready-n-waiting complete fiberglass fuselage and tailfeathers.

My decision just got tougher
Mar 24, 2020, 11:25 AM
Started in on my next twisty. I popped the wings last night from the molds. Switched over to Klasskote paint.. best set yet.

Just need to do the horizontal stab and I should be good to go.
Mar 24, 2020, 12:38 PM

Nice!

Some epic builds and construction going on here!

Good to see everyone is keeping themselves busy and creative.

Im in the process of making a scratch build 48" foam/glass sloper.

Started shaping the wing tips today, fiberglass and resin coming in the mail in the next few days. Can't wait!
Mar 24, 2020, 12:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane63
Started in on my next twisty. I popped the wings last night from the molds. Switched over to Klasskote paint.. best set yet.
Just need to do the horizontal stab and I should be good to go.
WOW!

Those look gorgeous! Spread CF over Blue Foam, sweet!

Thanks for the advice on Klasskote,....that's a 2 part epoxy, right?
Mar 24, 2020, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip.greely
WOW!

Those look gorgeous! Spread CF over Blue Foam, sweet!
It's actually rohacell foam. The blue is the excess epoxy saturating the paper towel or the peel ply.

My breather cloth got delayed from the vendor for the stay at home order. The paper towel worked great
Mar 24, 2020, 02:08 PM
Just playing around with some foam. Feels good to do any kind of building!
Mar 24, 2020, 02:10 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Looks fast Thane. Hope we get to see it at the midwest slope challenge in May.
Too early to make a call on it. Might depend on if we can find someplace to eat.
Mark
Mar 24, 2020, 02:48 PM
Pile-it
I’m developing a 30” span Micro Gentle Lady kit.
Latest blog entry: Impulse - Wing build begins!
Mar 24, 2020, 06:14 PM
Always in the Glue
Made some changes to the lighting system on my Bee2 wing.
TechnoBee (3 min 59 sec)

Quick Reply