RCGroups Place of the Month - Fredericksburg Area RC Club

This month's featured Place is the Fredericksburg Area RC Club located in Berkeley, Virginia.

Splash

RCGroups March Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is the Fredericksburg Area RC Club located in Berkeley, Virginia. The Fredericksburg Area RC Club is an AMA Chartered Club open to all who have an interest in the Sport/Hobby of RC flying. They take the club Motto of "Friends Helping Friends Fly" seriously. The club began in 1991, flying from a parking lot and using a rarely travelled street as a runway. In 2001 they became an AMA chartered club (AMA# 4299). As membership grew the need for a better, larger space became clear. In 2002 the club moved to its current home—a spot on Keith Campbell’s Po River Ranch. Over the years a lot of improvements have been made. That work continues today and has made their field one of the nicest flying fields you’ll ever find.

Check out the Fredericksburg Area RC Club Places Page Here

Last edited by Jason Cole; Mar 20, 2020 at 08:45 AM..
Mar 27, 2020, 12:04 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
I've flown here twice.
Fantastic field with excellent flight lines and 2 back to back runways.
The Best in VA that I've been to. Newport News is really good as well.
I'm not a member but whenever I'm passing through to Richmond or Williamsburg, I try to make sure I bring a plane to fly at Fredericksburg RC because there's always been a member there to allow me to fly as a guest.

Quick Reply