Apr 05, 2005, 11:50 PM
Dreamin' in 3D
Thread OP

Full Fuse Foamy Plans

Does anyone have plans for a full fuse foamy? I have 3 an 6mm depron and want to make a full fuse plane, they look so much cooler (and the extra stiffness is awesome). I like the yaks I've seen on here, but I couldn't find any plans for them. I saw some extras too but no luck on plans.

Thanks,
Nathan
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2005, 12:01 AM
BOSS
My Yak flys amazing. No coupling, fast roll rate, balanced perfectly, it'll do it all
It was based off the Yak Shock Flyer. I have templates, but don't have a scanner to get them onto the computer

You can also use the FoamyFactory plans, and make it into a full fuse kit...

Jon
Apr 06, 2005, 12:03 AM
Dreamin' in 3D
Thread OP
Could you post pics of how you did the fuse? I could figure it out if you did. That is exactly what I want, just a little bit bigger.
Apr 06, 2005, 12:04 AM
Dreamin' in 3D
Thread OP
I mean pics of the fuse inside, not all the way put together. How it is braced.
Apr 06, 2005, 12:07 AM
BOSS
I don't have any... Sorry. I maybe be able to take a few pics looking in from the nose..

There is two fuselage sides, with one 3mm spar all the way down through the middle. Then the outside (around the canopy, battery hatch, etc.) depron is glued together. Really easy to make, they fly AMAZING, and they look great!

The pics will have to wait to tomorrow, going to bed!

Jon
Apr 06, 2005, 09:10 AM
Dreamin' in 3D
Thread OP
bump. Anyone else? I have seen numerous people building this style of foamy on this board. How do you brace the fuse inside?
Apr 06, 2005, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk3D
bump. Anyone else? I have seen numerous people building this style of foamy on this board. How do you brace the fuse inside?

Buddy, its actually pretty easy. if you want a boxy fuse then just cut out some rectangles that fit the profile. you will only need 3-4 of them and a fire wall. at the vertical stab the two sides of the depron should touch so you can attach a rudder. You can also run one top peice and one bottom peice to close in the box. with a couple bulkheads and the top and bottom it will require no carbon rod in the fuse. I hope this helps. Take Care Chris
Apr 06, 2005, 09:23 AM
Dreamin' in 3D
Thread OP
So one long piece running down the whole fuse tied into each set of "bulkheads", and just pieces of depron cut out to match the profile? How far apart should these pieces be?
Apr 06, 2005, 09:28 AM
if you make them around 1.5" the full fuse width should be around 1.9" thick so esentially at the firewall, make the full fuse width 2" and then slowly taper back.
Apr 06, 2005, 10:48 AM
You can do it!!!
Hi Jon,

It looks really good. What is the weight of your plane without any electonic components.

Da V.
Komodo Hobby
www.komodohobby.com
Apr 06, 2005, 11:12 AM
Dreamin' in 3D
Thread OP
How many? How far apart? If I could just see a pic of one without the second fuse side on I could do it much easier.
Apr 06, 2005, 11:28 AM
Quote:
How many? How far apart? If I could just see a pic of one without the second fuse side on I could do it much easier.

well I guess I could build one tonight and take pics for you. but as I said it will not be until tomarrow that you will see it. you only need about 4 bulkheads say 3-5 inches apart. as the tail comes together its will not need one there.
Apr 06, 2005, 11:31 AM
FLY PEMBREY (PFC)
These should give you the kind of idea

Id cut away the center of the bulkheads if doing it again also would make the sides out of 3mm and bulkheads out of 6 dont use any more bracing than you have to keep it as light as possible

Trev
Apr 06, 2005, 11:32 AM
Dreamin' in 3D
Thread OP
Okay, I want to build one around 32-38" span though. I'm thinking I can do it now. Anyway, another question, what is better, this style or like the Quiques now one? Where the top is pinched together.

Also, should the center full lenght spar be 6mm or 3mm? I was thinking 6mm for the spar, and 3mm for the skin and bulkheads.
Apr 06, 2005, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Okay, I want to build one around 32-38" span though. I'm thinking I can do it now. Anyway, another question, what is better, this style or like the Quiques now one? Where the top is pinched together.

Also, should the center full lenght spar be 6mm or 3mm? I was thinking 6mm for the spar, and 3mm for the skin and bulkheads.

As stated if he was to do it agian it would be all 3mm. you do not need to go crazy with the strenght. no matter what it will be stronger then flat. I would stick with the box fuse it is much stronger! Try to keep it as light as possible so all 3mm and where you see the wood sticks, replace that with 6mmx6mm peice of depron. Good luck. Take Care Chris

Quick Reply