This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 20, 2020, 12:21 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Hangar9 F22 Raptor - (Glow-to-Electric) repaired loose motor magnet!

Okay,

I can honestly say that I almost changed out the motor (Emax BL3526/04) a 860Kv motor with very good specifications that allows up to 5-Cells (18.5 Volts nominal), however, I found a few articles on how to glue back in the lose Magnet from the rotor (rotating bell housing) that contains all of the rotor's magnets.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-71QEmCs4mYerR

This was possible because after careful disassembly I found ZERO damage inside the motor and inspection was possible using 30X times magnifying glass (Hand held). The Stator's windings at ALL Poles looked great and sounded great on subsequent test run.

After allowing the Gorilla "Clear" Glue to cure all of it's 24-hours as specified per instructions the motor test looked and sounded very good, like new. I am sharing a few pictures of my model's issue with this motor and I will be now going to fly it with the GForce Elite Series 4-Cells, 4000mAH, 30C Lithium Polymer packs.

High Res Pics!
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/12590739-post41.html

Video Showing - AVOIDING DISASTER (Loose Motor Magnet!)
Hangar9 F22 Raptor Flight Avoding Disaster Lose Motor Magnet 03 15 2020 (3 min 54 sec)
Last edited by PittSpecial; Mar 20, 2020 at 01:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply