Mar 24, 2020, 08:40 PM
Sokol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
I went flying at the school field. Empty except for a few people keeping their distance walking around the track for exercise.

I taped some sparkly ribbons on the back of my SSD (super simple delta; just a big flying triangle). I had a lady ask "is that a drone?" I said "no maam, it's an electric kite".

Good one !

sometimes when I explain my endeavors with slope gliders I say : that's like a kite without strings. The radio replaces the string.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2020, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Ribbons , streamers … What a GREAT idea !!! We need to appear to the public as “ Cute toys” compared to the EVIL Drones … hahahaha
Once I got over myself and taped some sparkly streamers on a plane, I tell ya it made me feel like a little kid again. Not all my planes have ribbons, but at least one always does.
Mar 26, 2020, 05:58 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Rex, we brought some thin crepe paper to the field , everybody wanted a streamer , which led to the idea of Combat … and then things went CRAZY !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Mar 27, 2020, 06:56 PM
Registered Hoser

Finally using some of the micro LED lights

All the time in the world to complete those little projects. Micro jets need micro lights
Mar 29, 2020, 12:06 AM
Professional Goofball
Work? Whats this "work" you speak of? I've been too busy building to do anything else.

Quick Reply