Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc ARF, 165" (HAN5280)

For the giant scale pilot, the new Hangar 9 Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc is the largest Cub we have ever created and one of the largest in the market featuring superb scale details with the incredible flight performance Hangar 9 customers expect.

Splash

CubCrafters FX-3

The Cub is a classic aircraft adored by both full-scale and model aviation pilots. Its flying characteristics and design versatility are so well known practically every new aircraft is compared to it. The CubCrafters FX-3 is the latest variation on the Carbon Cub series. The full-scale FX3 features an all-new engine and a high-speed propeller in a lightweight platform. Hangar 9® is proud to introduce the largest and most modern Cub in a complete ARF format for the giant scale RC pilot.

Hangar 9 Cubcrafters Carbon Cub FX-3 Giant Scale ARF Airplane (3 min 34 sec)

Features

• Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
  • Large 8.5" inch tires with aluminum hubs makes for smooth landing even in tough terrains
  • Two-piece fiberglass cowl allows for easy access to engine and fuel system
  • Operational flaps for STOL capabilities
  • Functional high-density 3S Lipo compatible LED landing and navigation lights
  • Designed to accept 100 - 200cc gasoline engines
  • Functional tail flying wires
  • Removable stabilizer with just 4 screws
  • Functional side double doors with working scale locking mechanism and alloy handle
  • Cockpit details include seats and scale dash panel
  • Durable transportation bags included to protect the wings and tails.
  • Sprung landing gear with metal shock struts and scale suspension system
  • Pre-hinged, scale-type aileron and flap hinges help you save on build time
  • Two-piece plug in wings for easier transportation and field assembly
  • Folding airfoil-shaped wing struts with matching paint finish
  • Optional-use operational tow release
  • Heavy duty, and super scale tail wheel assembly with included tail wheel
  • Built-in exhaust tunnel supports a variety of canister and pipe options
  • Complete hardware kit with engine and motor mounting hardware
  • Covered in genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote® film
  • Optional-use operational tow release included in each kit.

For the giant scale sport, scale and sailplane pilot, the new Hangar 9® Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc is the largest Cub we've ever created and one of the largest in the market featuring superb scale details with the incredible flight performance Hangar 9 customers expect. Featuring a 165-inch wingspan, this massive model is the embodiment of giant scale, yet is practical enough to fly every day. The two-piece wings with folding wing struts and removable stabs allow for convenient transportation and set up. It comes with multiple scale details including a scale, sprung undercarriage that uses a solid machined damper with heavy-duty springs as per the full-scale aircraft, cockpit panel, tow release, super scale tail wheel assembly, and more meaning this Carbon Cub will turn heads everywhere you fly it. Like the full-size Cub, shock-absorbing 8.5" inch tires with aluminum hubs take most of the bounce out of tough terrain. The two-piece fiberglass cowl allows for easy access to engine and fuel system while the high-density 3S Lipo compatible LED landing and navigation lights shine bright for added realism. Designed to accept 100 – 200cc gasoline engines, the complete hardware kit is included and makes mounting the power system quick and easy. The optional-use included operational tow release lets this Cub be the perfect companion for your sailplane needs. The Hangar 9 Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc is a one-of-a-kind model delivering an authentic in-flight experience.

Learn More

Head over to Horizon Hobby for more info!

Mar 19, 2020, 07:58 PM
Wow...what engine in the video demo plane?

Cheers
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 Timber 110
Mar 20, 2020, 06:44 AM
Dle-170
Mar 20, 2020, 02:36 PM
so at that weight it will need some sort of waiver to fly and it appears to be a 1 piece fuzz so you need quite a vehicle to fit it in or a big trailer. , not very practical but i would certainly like one.
Mar 20, 2020, 02:50 PM
there's been a steady market for really big airplanes for some time, and in Europe where giant scale takes on new meaning. they are not for everyone, but their out there. as far as weight, it looks under 55lbs to me. If the word gets out that it is over 55lbs wet, it is a AMA Large Model Aircraft certification which is an inspection done by an AMA LMA guy. No one just steps into a model this size, it is the result of a progression and the ability to haul it around. I'm looking forward to seeing one.
Mar 21, 2020, 10:46 AM
Not too far from the full version in size.
Mar 22, 2020, 08:51 PM
Flying Weight:
55 -61lbs
Mar 24, 2020, 11:08 PM

Definitely getting one.

I have the Carbon Cub 15cc this would be my next step. I’ve got a trailer 6x12 that I can haul this in easily and would love to get one of these!
Mar 25, 2020, 10:13 PM
I had the 60, it was a nice plane but overbuilt and heavy. Compared to what extreme flight and even pilot RC has this aircraft needs to go on a diet. RTF should be no more than 50 lbs.
Mar 25, 2020, 10:21 PM
Hempel 40% Cub is around 40lbs advertised.
Mar 26, 2020, 09:03 PM

Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc ARF, 165" (HAN5280)

I have the 60cc in electric with 11 inch bush wheels. the tires are heavy for it, Also built a second for a friend with 8 inch Bush wheels, they both fly fine and of course the stall is a little slower with the smaller tires but the big tires really look cool, as far as this plane goes, Bigger always flies better. I'm glad that they supplied it with suspension landing gear, I just hope its heavier than the gear they sold for the 60c. I had to weld up my own after immediately folding mine. The tubing was just way too thin. I am a big Hanger 9 fan and love the looks of this plane, make sure that the CG is all the way forward and you will be fine. One thing that I find ridiculous is the instructions telling you that you have 6 1/2 inches of CG to work with when the real plane has only 5 inches. One of the previous posts mentioned that the 60 was on the heavy side, I agree and this one will be similar, Maybe I'll get this one and put the big bush wheels on it! Electric of course www.rctwins.com

110 plane already but what the hell.
Mar 27, 2020, 04:08 PM
From horizons video, it looks like it would fly just fine on a 60cc as most of the flying there was done at less than 1/2 throttle!
Mar 27, 2020, 07:42 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
Is it just me, or should the side windows come down another few inches? They look oddly small/ high up.
Mar 28, 2020, 07:45 PM
Why does it need 8 channels?
Mar 29, 2020, 01:56 PM
The usual 4, plus flaps, lights, tow release and something else, maybe 2 aileron channels?

Quick Reply