GliderCG Family of CG Scales for RC Gliders

If you really want to dial in your plane for best performance, especially for competitive use, then a CG Scale is a must have accessory.

Splash

Get Your CG Just Right

I didn't think I needed one of these until I tried it. I figured using the finger method was "close enough" for my F3K planes, but then I used a CG scale machine and found I was actually moving my CG rearward a few millimeters when adding ballast. That's the opposite of what I wanted and thought I was doing. My finger simply didn't have the resolution needed to tell exactly where the CG was. It may not matter for the casual weekend flyer, but if you really want to dial in your plane for best performance, especially for competitive use, then a CG Scale is a must have accessory.

GliderCG makes quite a few tools for gliders including a family of CG Scales you might be interested in. They have 4 in the line up to fit various size and weight sailplanes. The GliderCG Standard V2 is designed for F5J, F3B, and F3F models weighing up to 8KG. The GliderCG Plus is a special GliderCG version designed for F5G and big gliders up to 15kg. The GliderCG F3K/DLG is specifically designed to fit small DLG wings. Finally the big daddy GliderCG Scale is designed for very large scale sailplanes up 40GK.

The CG Scales are sold via dealers around the world. Click the link below to find out more.

Check out the GliderCG Family of CG Scales Here

Mar 21, 2020, 11:24 AM
This is a very well made scale and worth the money. I bought the Standard V2 last year from Darius Mahmoudi of

Mahmoudi Modellsport

You will need to email him and purchase via Paypal. His English is quite good and my two transactions with him last year were smooth and shipping was fast. If there is a back order then of course it may take longer but Darius will let you know the time frame.

The Standard V2 unit is top notch, well designed and a very high quality print. Comes with a 9v battery ( my did anyway ) and works very, very well.

The Standard V2 is for planes along the size of the AVA, Supra, Explorer, etc. You can order the GliderCG Adapter which are two bars, each with 2 pads on pad on a slider. The adapter fits on the Standard V2 yokes and permits you to balance your DLG size planes.

GliderCG Adapter

No idea if there is a U.S. vendor but you can contact Marco at GliderCG and ask.

GliderCG

Quick Reply