Apr 09, 2006, 11:32 AM
I've half a mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws-rc-models.ch
Thanks everybody.... The total draw of the four motors are somewhere close to 8 amps.....

Here´s a short one of my A-10 (EDF55) brushless (same day, yesterday).

You can see how fast on one side and how slow on the other side you can fly her... And you can almost hover her (would probably work if one fan would be on the top and one would be underneath the wing.... Bad for landing, though).

VIDEO: http://www.gws-rc-models.ch/movies/A10.wmv

And a last one for this month:
My personal favourite "slow"-flyer DHC2.....With a funny ending.... Enjoy

http://www.gws-rc-models.ch/movies/DHC2.wmv
Holy Cow, Sven (and the cow is holy to us, rotflmao ) that's awesome stuff. Awesome flying, awesome plane, and umm....pretty awesome video work. You're too critical of your cameraman. At least he keeps the plane in the frame. Great stuff, keep it up. I agree with you on how slow you can bring the A-10 in. I'm still trying to tip stall it on landing, and still failing.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2006, 11:35 AM
I've half a mind...
And also, Sven, BEAUTIFUL looking Herc. Now I can't wait to get mine and get to work on it.
Apr 09, 2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah.... I like the look too, that´s from the second I got inspired by Derick´s C130.

I call her "Dolphin face"

!!She is a glider!!... I was out of words when I cut throttle and she´d still come down in a kind of 12 / 1 path....

Don´t worry about running your battery empty in this one.... You´ll always bring her back to the field.

P.s.: Giving animal names; If you want I could call my A-10 "holy cow"... lol
Apr 09, 2006, 03:04 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W
Flying on adjacent channels has nothing to do with it. If you fly closer to other transmitters than you own, they can often swamp the signal sufficiently that it masks yours, and causes you to lose control momentarily (depending on the Rx in use)..

Never do a fly-by close to other pilots..
..a
I guess I should have clarified that a bit better. The fly-by was done out over the active runway, away from other pilots. What I meant was that when I did my fly-by, I happened to be standing fairly close to the other pilots. As you said, my signal got swamped out, and I lost control.

Took her back out today and got one good flight in. On the second takeoff, I hit a rock and broke the nosewheel lose. Another easy fix.

Pat
Apr 09, 2006, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
I guess I should have clarified that a bit better. The fly-by was done out over the active runway, away from other pilots. What I meant was that when I did my fly-by, I happened to be standing fairly close to the other pilots. As you said, my signal got swamped out, and I lost control.

Took her back out today and got one good flight in. On the second takeoff, I hit a rock and broke the nosewheel lose. Another easy fix.

Pat
Use good quality Futaba, JR or Airtronics radio gear, with dual conversion RXs... No more interference!

Stay away from GWS radio equipment. I love their planes but their electronics is junk!
Randy
Apr 10, 2006, 09:54 AM
Rocketman47 / Randy -- I noticed you didn't include Hitec radio gear... I use a Hitec Optic 6 transmitter (or sometimes a Hitec Laser 4 transmitter), and Hitec Electron 6 (dual conversion) receivers (sometimes a Hitec HFS-04MG single conversion receiver).

I have NEVER had a radio hit.
Apr 10, 2006, 12:26 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman47
Use good quality Futaba, JR or Airtronics radio gear, with dual conversion RXs... No more interference!

Stay away from GWS radio equipment. I love their planes but their electronics is junk!
Randy
Randy,

I use a JR XP8103 Tx. This bird has a Hitec Electron 6 Rx, and Hitec HS55 servos. The only GWS equipment is the ESC.

I have never had a glitch in this plane, even though it does not have much flight time on it. I have flown it through "known" glitch areas at our local fields with no problems.

My belief is that we were flying channels 19, 20 and 21 at the same time, with the pilots in close proximity to each other. When my plane got close to all three transmitters, my signal got swamped and I lost control. This could happen with any radio equipment, except for Spektrum of course.

Pat
Apr 10, 2006, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
Rocketman47 / Randy -- I noticed you didn't include Hitec radio gear... I use a Hitec Optic 6 transmitter (or sometimes a Hitec Laser 4 transmitter), and Hitec Electron 6 (dual conversion) receivers (sometimes a Hitec HFS-04MG single conversion receiver).

I have NEVER had a radio hit.
Geez! I shoulda put Hitec at the top of the list... All my RXs are Hitec.

Sorry

Randy
Apr 11, 2006, 05:28 AM
eflyguy
The only time I've had a radio "hit" was at an indoor meet, with pilots flying from opposite sides of the hall. When I flew past the pilots on the other side, my Bantam took a nose dive right at their feet.
I fly almost exclusively Hitec Rx's (I have 12 Hitec Rx's in models, and three more waiting for models right now), but have never had an issue with the 2 bergs, 2 GWS, 3 Futaba, or 3 FMA's that I also own..
..a
Apr 15, 2006, 01:49 PM
GPT
GPT
My Formosa no.2.

Hyperion Z2213-20 9x6
1800 3s lipo
17.7oz
Glassed bottom of fuse and wing
Apr 15, 2006, 01:59 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Looks nice but might be hard to see.
Apr 15, 2006, 04:55 PM
100mph club member
For those of you who remember my Zero from a few pages back... I finally got a chance to maiden her today. Looks and handles perfect in the air. Only problem is that my 350 B gear with 2cell lipo doesn't make enough power for me to really So for my second flight I'm going brushless with a 3cell. After that small change this very will might be one of my new favorites!
Apr 15, 2006, 05:30 PM
Whistling Death
Nice looking zero. 3S with brushless is way better!
Apr 15, 2006, 05:52 PM
Careful -- a 3s LiPo on a 350 motor is asking for trouble -- the 350 motor won't last long!
Apr 15, 2006, 06:28 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Turbo-- That is a spectacular photo not to mention very well done model. What camera did you use?
Mike

Quick Reply