This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 10, 2006, 11:32 AM
Foam abuser!
Here's some pics of my newest GWS plane. Build thread is here.

Pat
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2006, 11:49 AM

double maiden flight Mustang/Corsair

Today I had two successful maiden flights with my GWS-Corsair and Mustang.
The Corsair is stock (brushed motor), the Mustang has a brushless ("bell")-motor and lipos. With the correct CG and smaller movements on ruder and ailerons than suggested in the building instructions the Mustang is really a very good flyer without any nasty habits!
Mar 11, 2006, 12:50 PM
Outcast outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Here's some pics of my newest GWS plane. Build thread is here.

Pat
Pat -- what is that on the tail of your Herc?

Tom-Tom -- I like the colors on your Mustang.
Mar 11, 2006, 02:04 PM
Foam abuser!
Red, take a look at my build thread. The booms under the tail fins and wiring are replicated from the plane I used to be a crewmember on when I was in the USAF (EC-130H Compass Call). It is an airborne C3CM jamming platform. The wiring on the tail is for receiving radio signals.

Tom-Tom, nice job on the warbirds. I especially admire the details on the panel lines and rivets, looks very sharp indeed. However, you may want to take a look at the left fuse of the Mustang, the Stars & Bars are upside down.

Could not maiden the Herc today. Of course it rains today when we have gone 145 days without rain.
Mar 13, 2006, 10:05 AM
Hi tom-tom,

"playstation", what a smart idea!!
Mar 13, 2006, 01:36 PM
Hi tom-tom!

Which type of bell motor do you use? (size of prop, 2s or 3s lipo)?
Mar 13, 2006, 02:01 PM
Hi; crxmanpat

You wrote:

"Tom-Tom, nice job on the warbirds. I especially admire the details on the panel lines and rivets, looks very sharp indeed. However, you may want to take a look at the left fuse of the Mustang, the Stars & Bars are upside down."

Yeah!!!

Sorry,sorry!

Seems to be, that I had to much beer the day I finished the mustang!
But now you can see, that the stars and bars are on the right place ;-))

Infos to RED 61: the color scheme is from the 357 th fighter group (stars and bars upside of course !)
Mar 13, 2006, 02:21 PM
Outcast outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-tom
Infos to RED 61: the color scheme is from the 357 th fighter group (stars and bars upside of course !)
Yeah, well, don't let the Colonel see it!
Mar 13, 2006, 02:25 PM

bell motor in mustang

Hi hangya !

I use a cheap motor and controller set, which you can buy in Germany for about 39 Euros. You see it on the picture.

Prop size is 8x4,3 on 3 lipos (1500mAh) thrust is about 500gr. With that kind of motor she climbes of course not endless vertical but she is fast and flies in a very powerful and scale-like manner. Just like the real thing. I really like her and in the moment she is my favourite plan. I can tell you no nasty habbits about the mustang ( sometimes you can hear/read that in the GWS forum).

tom-tom
Mar 13, 2006, 02:28 PM

mustang/motor picture

Here is the "mustang" motor picture .
Mar 13, 2006, 03:07 PM
Foam abuser!
tom-tom,

From some of your last replies, it seems you are in Germany? In the late '80's I was stationed at Lindsay Air Station in Wiesbaden, and later at Sembach Air Base near Kaiserslautern. I was a crewmember on the plane in my avatar when I was at Sembach.

Tschüss!
Pat
Mar 13, 2006, 05:33 PM
Seeing the Farside.
lol, it's a BP21 combo.

I have the same in my GWS Mustang........ and oh man, look out when this thing is coming around on a low buzz pass.

I know your joy, I absolutely swear by this BP21 combo on a P-51. It quickly became my favorite plane of all time. It's so quiet while in the air... that on a low full throttle pass... the air swooshing over the wings is practically the only thing you hear. Very awesome effect

Have fun!

-Chris
Mar 14, 2006, 02:04 PM

yes, my mustang flies in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
tom-tom,

From some of your last replies, it seems you are in Germany? In the late '80's I was stationed at Lindsay Air Station in Wiesbaden, and later at Sembach Air Base near Kaiserslautern. I was a crewmember on the plane in my avatar when I was at Sembach.

Tschüss!
Pat
Hi, CRXMANPAT!

Yeah! I life in Landau, about 40 km - in eastern direction- from Kaiserslautern. Here we have a lot of wine yards ( perhaps is it the reason for "upside down" on the mustang?) . Well, finaly I know, who made that thundering noice in the blue skys over Landau when I had my barbecue on "lazy sunday afternoon" in my garden! Today I would chase you with my GWS mustang!

;-))

Tschüss
tom-tom
Mar 14, 2006, 11:39 PM
Foam abuser!
Ah, how I remember the days of our crew doing low-level flight training in our big lumbering C-130! I used to stand at the rear crew door and act as a spotter by looking out the window. I recall many a sheep farmer that we buzzed over at 200 Meters altitude! Sembach closed down shortly after Desert Storm, and the Germany based crews all were sent back to Davis-Monthan where they are today.

Guten Abend.
Pat

Edit: PS - I sure do miss those Neuwein festivals! Boy did we have some fun!
Mar 15, 2006, 12:19 PM
Whistling Death
Here's a picture of my ME-109:
Thanks Mr. Lin for providing such a great plane!!!