Aug 02, 2005, 10:20 PM
ohh heres the inspiration
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2005, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Williams
Here is my new 109 I put together to sell to somebody. It is glassed with 1/2 oz cloth and came out pretty smooth. No electronics yet. That is for the buyer to figure out. Enjoy.
What does it weigh?
Aug 03, 2005, 11:18 AM

Howdy to one and all

Don't Ya Just Love GWS:

Just wanted to post some quick pics of my as yet not completed GWS Spitfire. I glassed the Fuse with 2.0 ounce fiberglass and the wings with .50 ounce cloth. I used sig weld glue diluted with water and it stuck like a champ. Did not harm foam and is as strong as my old surf board. Used Tamyia Colors for the paint scheme. Just need to finish up electrics and Battery pack. I am going to fly her like my Parkzone P-51 with elevator, aelerons and speed control the rudder is still fixed. Will Let you all know when graphics are complete and equipment is in. Right now as she stands with:

GWS 4Channel Reciever
two hs-50 servos 1 in the wing (aelerons) 1 for elevators
GWS 15 amp speed control with brake
GWS 350c motor with B gear drive 4.43:1 (From GWS)
Either a 9/7 or 10/7 prop ( pics are with 9/7 )
7 cell 8.4v 1600 mah Ni-Mh from GWS ( not here yet waiting for order)

Without Batttery my weight is 12.5 ounces on my weight-watchers160z scale

My question to those out there are:
Has anyone flown this bird with the GWS 350c-BS 4.43:1 gearbox?
Even though the battery by specs will fit in the whole provided it will also add 7.1 oz of weight. Has anyone tried this battery?
Aug 10, 2005, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
What does it weigh?
Hey Red, just finished my Zero. Had AUW of 12.4 but ran into the COG problem. I lengthened the mount stick by 7/16 in and held, drilled, and marked 1 side. Epoxy and a toothpick to align and strengthen and now can have positive or negitive balance at 55mm. Went a little ape on paint but I enjoy doing that. AUW now is 13.2. Will maiden this week. Thanks for your help, I learned a lot. Installed 7.7's in the nose and 20mm cannons in the wings. later
Aug 11, 2005, 12:21 AM

the colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwksr
Hey Red, just finished my Zero. ........................ Went a little ape on paint but I enjoy doing that. AUW now is 13.2. Will maiden this week. Thanks for your help, I learned a lot. Installed 7.7's in the nose and 20mm cannons in the wings. later

How did I GET STUCK with the dark green?????? is there a choice???? ha, I was hoping for a white or silver one............ no offense to those who like the green, but, oh well..............

Oh, did I say that YOURS looks very nice....... I imagine it's an "innovative" color scheme and not used in any squadron???? just curious; it's nice.

LarryR
Aug 11, 2005, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
How did I GET STUCK with the dark green?????? is there a choice???? ha, I was hoping for a white or silver one............ no offense to those who like the green, but, oh well..............

Oh, did I say that YOURS looks very nice....... I imagine it's an "innovative" color scheme and not used in any squadron???? just curious; it's nice.

LarryR
Larry, you probably pulling my leg but it comes in Silver, green, or slope ( unpainted ) Everybody with a white version says it's hard to see when flying so since I have bad cataracs and can't see well anyway, why not do a partly cloudy cammo underneath? I'll have to improve my pilot skills now!!!
Aug 11, 2005, 08:26 AM

colors of GWS Jap Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwksr
Larry, you probably pulling my leg but it comes in Silver, green, or slope ( unpainted ) Everybody with a white version says it's hard to see when flying so since I have bad cataracs and can't see well anyway, why not do a partly cloudy cammo underneath? I'll have to improve my pilot skills now!!!
nope, not pulling your leg; i ordered it, ASSUMED it came in silver or white, but bingo, it came in dark green............ it's all right, I'll live with it, but prefer brighter colors.

thx,
LarryR
Aug 11, 2005, 08:34 AM
I have never had trouble seeing my white (slope glider) Zero. I've taken it up so high that it took over 3 minutes to glide back down to terra firma. I will admit to having 20/15 vision in both eyes (used to be 20/10, so I guess age is catching up with me) -- so I'm sure I have an advantage in that regard.

One thing that IS interesting though -- a white airplane against a blue sky is very easy to see. Just don't fly it into a cloud!

Hey! Your Zero looks great! I wish I had taken the time to do all the detail like you did. Watch the CG -- mine is at 42 mm, and STILL climbs at any throttle and neutral elevator! I did not perform the wing incidence modification.
Aug 12, 2005, 07:49 PM
Suspended Account

Slow Stick#2

Heres a few pics of my 2nd SS.First one lasted almost two years.Decided to paint this one a different color.Its all stock.Maidened her this evening-flys good!!!
Last edited by ltz400; Nov 26, 2016 at 03:50 PM.
Aug 12, 2005, 07:53 PM
ITz, that is a beautiful slow stick.
Aug 13, 2005, 08:04 AM
Suspended Account
Thank-You! It flys great also.
Aug 13, 2005, 11:47 AM
modman how does the stang fly, looks great, flew mine on the park400, found it had great power, but wouldnt fly very fast, even on a 6x7 prop
Aug 13, 2005, 05:28 PM
9x7 that is
Aug 19, 2005, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
ITz, that is a beautiful slow stick.
2nd

very beautiful and speical!!

Ray
Aug 19, 2005, 08:44 PM
My old one that I retiered flew great ! This one not great ! It was doomed from the start , with that paint that was way way way too heavy . there was a bend in v stab that i didnt see till it was built . it flew very wierd , balance was good used all the same electronics from the last one . It kept rolling over by its self I flew it for about 15 minites and on final approch it rolled over changed direction and crashed into the side walk It was quite funny and unexpected . IT crashed well so im not even going to bother with it . its the one flight wonder I really loved the color though . im acuaaly stumped on why it flew like that the tourque was the same as my other one everything was except that factory or shipping twist in the vertical stabilizer so ill blame it on that , or it was possessed . as long as its not my fault

Quick Reply