This thread is privately moderated by Extreme_RC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 18, 2020, 04:37 AM
Trader Rating: 2
The best in EDF since 2005
Thread OP
$300.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

ASSOCIATED RC10 Original 1984 car!

This is an original RC10 by Associated, I purchased this in 1984 and as many older readers would know, it was the pinnacle of 1/10th scale RC cars and now a bit of a collectors item.

Comes with original body shell, forgot to photo that, will do it asap!

I have the original box with the instruction manuals and the Associated product brochure from 1984 as well as the Associated Team News magazine from 1984!! They included the publication in the box with every car.

NOTE: The back page of the 2 manuals has been cut, a picture has been removed from each one, the back page is only Associated pictures, likely I did this to stick up in my room back in the 80's!

Car is in excellent condition, everything you see is original from the kit, only a couple of parts have been replaced and all done 10yrs ago with genuine Associated parts. I ordered some new genuine lower pins for the shocks, some circlips and a set of tierods with plastic links many years ago from Associated direct in the USA.
I stripped and cleaned her up with the new parts, test ran her at the local bmx track then put her away and she has been sitting in the box ever since.

Comes with original Futaba electronic speed controller from the 80's and is running a genuine Associated 540 motor that is in excellent condition, the brushes are only slightly worn.

Car is fully ball raced, was built with bearings, the original sintered bushes are still in their bag in with the spare parts. Teflon parts have been dyed red and blue, back in the day this was all the rage to individualize your car!
And YES the motor cover is included, original one with the centre plug you can remove for adjusting the diff, I took it off for the photos.

Steering servo is a Hyperion metal gear, I can supply a Futaba servo from the 80's if the buyer wanted to keep everything period.

I will double box and ship it anywhere, will be about 3kg and shipping cost to USA would be approx USD$44 for 6 day Air, this is trackable and labeled as EMS by Aust Post, I have sent piles of fans and parts to the US over the years, shipping is usually quite fast although with the reduced flights right now it may take longer!
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2020, 08:18 AM
Trader Rating: 317
FlyitAgain RC
Do you have the original wheels?
Mar 18, 2020, 09:46 AM
Trader Rating: 1
deleted
Last edited by jumo004; Mar 18, 2020 at 09:49 AM. Reason: re-read post
Mar 18, 2020, 04:25 PM
Trader Rating: 2
The best in EDF since 2005
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scale330l
Do you have the original wheels?
The wheels are original, only the front tyres are not. I have the front nobby tyres, happy to put them on for the buyer, I aint gonna use them!
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA

Quick Reply