Apr 08, 2020, 10:56 AM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFster
Didn't Dave make a plane using the Cannon system with micro servos that was very tiny and I think it was called a Pipsqueak. Saw a photo of him holding it in Model Builder and was captivated by it...
Yeah I vaguely remember that too.

Red
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2020, 11:43 AM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmar2B
Great news.

And thanks for the photos off all the cool birds.
Like micros myself as well, not much big spaces where I live so it saves the hobby for me.
And talking about nice birds: how about a micro lazy bee in the future ��
Look up john woodfield on youtube and he has done a micro lazy be for slope soaring.
Apr 08, 2020, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061
Look up john woodfield on youtube and he has done a micro lazy be for slope soaring.
Micro RC Lazy Bee glider. Maiden flight. (1 min 24 sec)

He did a macro version too xD

RC Big Lazy Bee. Super low aspect wing gliding. (1 min 53 sec)
Apr 08, 2020, 01:27 PM
We had one of those early Cannon's! I think more people would have taken them seriously if he had made the transmitter full-size. We also had an RS Systems on 53MHz. That rx was about half the size of a pack of gum and super light. I wish my dad was still with us to see the radios, motors and batteries nowadays! We were trying to use the early AstroFlight and Leisure gear in the mid-late 70s. We had fun, though!
Apr 08, 2020, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the video, that micro lazy bee sure flies great
Apr 08, 2020, 10:49 PM
Permaculture de NEW Technology
Thanks for the reply Red. I am used to flying larger gliders due to my eyesight is all.

As far as your "micro" bucket list goes, is the Mark Smith Windfree on it by chance?
Apr 09, 2020, 12:01 AM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondog
Thanks for the reply Red. I am used to flying larger gliders due to my eyesight is all.

As far as your "micro" bucket list goes, is the Mark Smith Windfree on it by chance?
Lol https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Micro-Windfree
Apr 09, 2020, 12:25 AM

Flyzone brick

Flying buddy has a Flyzone Playmate, probably this is the receiver brick for it. Looks like it should be OK for the Micro GL for anyone with a spare Flyzone transmitter or a module/TX with the Flyzone protocol.
Apr 09, 2020, 01:16 AM
Out of curiosity, what is on your micro bucket list?
Apr 09, 2020, 10:12 AM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmar2B
Out of curiosity, what is on your micro bucket list?
Something scale, something for the slope and at least one of my own designs. I have a slope aerobatic model called Grouper, in the Le Fish vein but all built up. Dunno, it really is just whatever inspires me. I'm a little weird that way. My Dad had Gryphon flying wing when I was little, might be fun to micro that.

Red
Apr 09, 2020, 03:13 PM
Gryphon type flyers are cool. In the alps you have a guy that has a few funky designs of the same type

http://www.wing-tips.at/Portraet/Modelle/modelle.htm
Apr 09, 2020, 04:47 PM
used to build now i fly
i will keep fingers crossed for a micro mini moa.. love the gull wing. that clancy micro bee did well in the video on slope.
Apr 11, 2020, 10:39 AM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Well, apparently my tube is touring California still The mirrors and lens are here though, so at least I can install those.

Patiently not so patiently waiting.

Red
Apr 12, 2020, 01:13 PM
Pile-it
Thread OP
While I wait for the new tube, todays job is to change the focusing lens and steering mirrors. The lens is easy, just a set screw that holds the keeper, so that’s done. The mirrors are bonded to the steering plates with Hysol, so a couple minutes direct blast with a heat gun softens it sufficiently to separate the two with pliers. From there I clean off the old soft Hysol with a single edge razor blade, add a couple drops of fresh Hysol and drop the new mirrors in place. You can see the old mirrors were at the end of their life, so this is good timing.

Red
Apr 12, 2020, 01:31 PM
Flying Low
Wow I never realized the mirrors took such a beating in a laser. I assume you might notice better cut quality with the new mirrors?

Quick Reply