Stuck at Home? Build a Kit! Balsa USA Interview

Jim T. Graham and Mean Joe talk about building kits!

Splash

Awesome Kits = Awesome Planes

With the current situation of many in our nation having to stay at home it occurred to me that it is the perfect time to do something in your RC shop. The first thing that came to my mind was building a kit. I got ahold of Mean Joe Vermillion and we jumped on a live video to go over the best first kit to build, building techniques and the most awesome kit you could build.

Watch the video...

RCGroups RC Upate - Balsa USA/Mean Joe and Jim T. Talks Kits (48 min 30 sec)

Topic Links

Mar 17, 2020, 04:37 PM
Great idea to put this information out, thanks! That's exactly what I've been doing, just hope I don't run out of kits and supplies too soon!
Mar 17, 2020, 06:18 PM
A man with too many toys
I have been into model airplanes a very long time and have a large stash of kits. I was just thinking about going through them and seeing what I wanted to do next.

One possible problem is getting supplies. I just got an email from Tower saying that shipping would be a lot slower for a while.

Good news in a month it will be flying weather where I live. The say that sunlight (UV) kills viruses so it will be a good time to go out and fly. I have a small strip back of the house next to the corn field so it's quick and easy for me. Club field with large runway is about 40 minutes away.

Mar 17, 2020, 09:33 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Mean joe! From your good buddy, Matt
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Mar 18, 2020, 06:42 AM
Great idea! Iíve been slowly moving to build mode. Iím a scratch builder. Draw my own lines for a build. But I bought 2 kits that I have been storing. Time to get them out. I live out in the country and am planning only needed trips to town. Which wonít be many. Iím lucky in that I have a runway in the pasture behind my house, 3.5 gallons of glow fuel, plenty of gas and 4 or 5 airplanes that have not flown. Iíll be spending more time with modeling than before.
Mar 18, 2020, 12:08 PM
Nobody in my club flies at the field I do so I'm going this weekend if the weather allows. I doubt I'll see anyone else there.

carl
Mar 23, 2020, 02:06 PM
I live in San Manuel AZ it is out in the desert population 3,551. We have a flying club but I can't afford to join. So I just go out to an area outside of town. Where I fly by myself. And if I screw up there is no one around to get on my case. It works for me.
Mar 23, 2020, 02:28 PM
Tigerguy
After spending a considerable amount to time recently looking at possibilities for a new gasser for this summer, I've decided to take one or two of my "older" nitro large planes and re-doing them with new elctrical technology, and a nice new gas twin. Really looking forward to getting my 1/3 scale Spacewalker back in the air again!
Mar 24, 2020, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry McCabe
I live in San Manuel AZ it is out in the desert population 3,551. We have a flying club but I can't afford to join. So I just go out to an area outside of town. Where I fly by myself. And if I screw up there is no one around to get on my case. It works for me.

How much are their dues? My clubs dues are $50/yr.

carl
Mar 26, 2020, 06:27 AM
Flier of planes
Mine are 10 dollars per year.

Quick Reply