Emax Tinyhawk II

This has been out awhile now, but I love my original Tinyhawk so much that I feel I still need to write this news article on the updated Tinyhawk II.

Splash

Next Generation Tinyhawk

This has been out awhile now, but I love my original Tinyhawk so much that I feel I still need to write this news article on the updated Tinyhawk II. There's a lot of updates here right down to the frame itself. It's an all new frame that is even more durable than the last. They improved the video transmission and the camera it comes with is the Runcam Nano 2 inside a new cam mount with adjustable tilt options. The FPV transmitter allows adjustable power output of 25mw, 100mw and 200mw. The original TH was pretty fast, but this new version has a 7% increase in power allowing greater agility and speeds on a race course or for freestyle. The biggest update over the original though is the Tinyhawk II can use both 1S and now 2S lipo batteries. The Tinyhawk II sells for $109.99. More details and specs below.

Check out the Emax Tinyhawk II Here

Specifications:

• Wheelbase: 75mm
  • Dry Weight: 31.2g
  • All Up Weight: 43.5g with 1x 450mAh 1S battery
  • Frame Material: Polypropylene
  • Stator Size: 0802
  • Kv: 16000kv
  • Propeller Mount: Push-On Avan TH-style
  • Propeller: Avan Turtlemode 4-Blade
  • Flight Controller: F4 (MATEKF411RX Firmware)
  • ESC: 4-in-1 5A BlHeli_S
  • Receiver: EMAX SPI Receiver (Compatible with FrSky D8 mode)
  • Battery Connector: JST-PH2.0
  • VTX Power: 25/100/200mw Switchable (set to stay at 25mW until armed)
  • Channels: 37CH incl. Raceband
  • Camera: RunCam Nano 2 1/3" 700TVL CMOS
  • Smart Audio Connected

Includes

• 1x Tinyhawk II BNF
  • 1x EMAX 450mAh 1S HV Battery
  • 1x EMAX 300mAh 2S HV Battery
  • 2x CCW + 2x CW Spare Props
  • 1x 1S-2S USB LiPo Charger
  • 1x Screwdriver + Hardware Kit

Mar 16, 2020, 02:46 PM

Love it!

Been flying the TH2 around the yard quite a bunch over the last couple weeks. LOVE THIS THING!

My thoughts: Flights on 1S are quite lively, smooth, plenty of power. 2S can be a handful; I have throttle scaled on a dial. If I had to pick I would just stick with 1s even outdoors. 2S can be fun for bigger spaces but for backyard flying 1s is plenty.

I swapped the nano camera for a runcam racer nano 2. The stock nano was very good indoors but "too red" outdoors. With the racer nano 2 you can change settings to get image just right. Pricey for sure, but worth it imo.

The frame is VERY robust. I'm mostly a fixed wing flier so still learning to fly quads. I had to replace my mobula 7 frames quite a few times, but this thing is amazing.... just bounces off trees and it's fine.

Overall I'd recommend the TH2... lots of fun!
Mar 16, 2020, 03:03 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Awesome! I’m really thinking about replacing my original TH now.
Mar 16, 2020, 03:17 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
I wish I had waited for this to come out. But as the Mobula 6 was out of stock for some time, I decided to get the TinyHawk S. I wanted something to fly during the winter season, especially after having been through some personal grief due to losing my dad last year.

A friend purchased the II and when preparing it for him, binding to his transmitter, setting up a throttle limit, etc, I noticed it's a nicer quad to fly than the S. Especially like the fact that you can now bind in D16 mode, so I don't have to switch back and forth between D8 and D16 mode on my Taranis.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 16, 2020, 03:54 PM
yeah, you bought the wrong tinyhawk.
Mar 16, 2020, 04:39 PM
loving this thing but lost the camera protection part and the hardware that held it in in a crash and tumble into tall grass . Anyone know where I would find those particular parts available?
Mar 16, 2020, 05:55 PM
rdq has the frame and the hardware kit:

https://www.racedayquads.com/product...433f679f&_ss=r

https://www.racedayquads.com/product...433f679f&_ss=r
Mar 17, 2020, 06:03 AM
Any chance this would be offered in a DSM? FWIW, they use flat head screws that do not go into countersunk holes (?).
Mar 17, 2020, 03:13 PM
Drones + Cloud !
Just in case you need correct PID tuning on emuflight for this one:
https://blog.whichfpvkwad.com/2020/0...ttle-2s-beast/
Mar 17, 2020, 04:25 PM

Flight times with 1S/2S?

Beginner. Just ordered my 2nd TH2 cause my first is taking a beating.
What the average time everyone getting doing backyard cruising?
Last edited by FoodMagnet; Mar 17, 2020 at 05:40 PM.
Mar 17, 2020, 07:16 PM
Thinking of getting this to learn to fly quadcopters. I am planning on getting the rtf since the transmitter is smaller which would be better for my 6yo. Is there a better combo for a small kid to learn to fly? I guess eventually I will upgrade the transmitter but I also wonder if I can bind it to other drones?
Mar 18, 2020, 02:10 AM
Drones + Cloud !
More than 2 min of flight time
Mar 18, 2020, 03:46 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
When testing my flying buddy's TH II flight times on 1S were between 3 1/2 and 4 minutes, indoor, slowly shooting gaps etc. On 2S I struggled to get 3 minutes if I remember well.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 18, 2020, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordinho
Thinking of getting this to learn to fly quadcopters. I am planning on getting the rtf since the transmitter is smaller which would be better for my 6yo. Is there a better combo for a small kid to learn to fly? I guess eventually I will upgrade the transmitter but I also wonder if I can bind it to other drones?
The goggle video quality was about what you would expect and decent for ride alongs but you will want to upgrade there. Nice to have a box to carry everything and not lug a larger pack. The small controller is nice to have as you don't need a full size TX. Worth the $50 IMO.
Mar 18, 2020, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodMagnet
The small controller is nice to have as you don't need a full size TX. Worth the $50 IMO.

If I look at their web site, they have a package for $175 that has the small controller AND goggles. I don't see where you can buy the quad and transmitter without the goggles. Is that where the $150 comes from?
Last edited by kodak_jack; Mar 18, 2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply