Mar 15, 2020, 04:47 PM
Thread OP
Help!

JumperTx t8sg not saving

I am new to RC. I bought a JumperTx t8sg to use with an Emax TinyHawk S.
I can bind the quad to the TX with the built-in "Frsky" protocol and set the channels - up to 8. i have learned how to switch the first 4 channels around
to match TAER. I used channel5 to arm the quad and channel 6 to activate the beeper in the quad - both set to 2 position switches.
I even learned how to set a 3 position switch for selecting each of the 3 flight modes (channel 7) and turtle mode for channel 8.

My problem is that when i look at model setup on the TX - i see this profile listed with "(not saved)" next to the model profile name, and when i turn off the TX or load a different stored profile, then when i go back to the Tiny Hawk profile only the first 5 channels are remembered and i have lost the settings i entered for the channel's 6,7 and 8.

I have searched on the internet for a solution but not found anything that relates to this.
Please can you help me if you know what i am doing wrong here, or maybe i'm missing a step in the setup.
Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2020, 07:50 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
I found this post discussing a similar “not saved” issue. The relevant info starts a page back from here...
https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-...tart=660#66952

The gist of the discussion is, that sufficient voltage (above 7.4v) may be needed for the save process to trigger.
Mar 15, 2020, 11:32 PM
The profile listed with "(not saved)" is normal, it will save at power shutdown or switch to different model.

Try save all your models files, "tx.ini" and "hardware.ini" to computer, format transmitter USB drive with enabled "Quick Format" option, copy filesystem from any firmware archive, and then restore model and "*.ini" files. Always use "Safely Remove Hardware" after any write to transmitter USB drive.
Mar 16, 2020, 06:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
I found this post discussing a similar “not saved” issue. The relevant info starts a page back from here...

The gist of the discussion is, that sufficient voltage (above 7.4v) may be needed for the save process to trigger.
thank you for the link.
I am using a fully charged 2s battery so voltage is around 8v. So that's not my problem.
I tried the "copy to" function to make a new profile and that didn't work - the new profile has the first 5 channels as before but lost the data on 6,7,8.
Mar 16, 2020, 07:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy
The profile listed with "(not saved)" is normal, it will save at power shutdown or switch to different model.

Try save all your models files, "tx.ini" and "hardware.ini" to computer, format transmitter USB drive with enabled "Quick Format" option, copy filesystem from any firmware archive, and then restore model and "*.ini" files. Always use "Safely Remove Hardware" after any write to transmitter USB drive.
thanks for your reply.
from the link
your similar suggestion may do the trick. however i am not entirely sure how to go about it.

I need to acquire a usb-c cable as the JumperTx has this socket.
then i will plug it in to a pc.
do i go to usb mode on the TX at this point, or will the pc recognise it automatically after plugging it in?

either way,
my understanding is that in My Computer i should see the TX as a new device with a root folder,
should i copy the entire root folder to my pc and copy it back to the TX after the quick format.
also, is the step " format transmitter USB drive with enabled "Quick Format" option" something i activate from the TX or is that
the quick format on the pc you were referring to ?

thanks in advance
Mar 16, 2020, 08:19 AM
Use USB mode (press ENT button + short press Power ON). You will get new USB drive at computer. Copy to computer used model files from "models" folder. Copy "tx.ini" and "hardware.ini" from the root folder. Use "Quick Format" option on the pc.
Mar 16, 2020, 05:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy
Use USB mode (press ENT button + short press Power ON). You will get new USB drive at computer. Copy to computer used model files from "models" folder. Copy "tx.ini" and "hardware.ini" from the root folder. Use "Quick Format" option on the pc.
great. i think i understood that.
any idea which recent firmware i should use for the BangGood new JumperTx t8sg controller ?

for example if i wanted to use version 5e8c4e6,
do i use :
1. deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-5e8c4e6
2. deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-5e8c4e6
3. deviation-t8sg-v5.0.0-5e8c4e6

regards
Mar 16, 2020, 11:49 PM
2. deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-5e8c4e6
Jul 17, 2020, 03:53 AM
Thread OP
I managed to solve the problem I was having by using the software "Walkera Dfuse USB Upgrade Tools 2.31"
After installing this software onto my PC and plugging in my TX to the PC whilst in DFU mode, i was able to update the firmware.
---Enter DFU mode by pressing the power button of the TX whilst also holding down the return button (lower left).
After the upgrade was successful, i closed "Walkera Dfuse USB Upgrade Tools 2.31" software and powered off my TX.
Then i reconnected the TX to the PC in USB mode.
---Enter USB mode by pressing the power button of the TX whilst also holding down the enter button (upper left)
Then i used windows quick format on the TX to delete all the files on the TX (and hopefully remove any errors or corrupted data on the memory chip), followed by the "copy and paste" command to copy them back on to the TX (All the files are included in the deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-5e8c4e6.zip file).
I used the windows prompt of "safely remove usb device from PC" before disconnecting the TX from the PC and powered off the TX
That's what I did and now the TX is working as it should, saving all changes to the different model settings as i choose my settings for each model i enter onto the TX.
Yippee and thanks everyone for all your support.

Quick Reply