Mar 14, 2020, 12:27 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Fly-In

Benbrook Thunder Jet Fly In, Fort Worth, TX, Oct 17, 2020

The Fort Worth Thunderbirds are hosting a jet fly in at Thunderbird Field in Mustang Park at Lake Benbrook on Saturday, Oct 17.

I will serve as the event CD.

EDFs and Turbines are welcome. Glow ducted fans as well!

We have a near perfect concrete runway that is 480 feet long and 40 feet wide. Turbines operate there regularly.

The goal is to have lots of relaxed flying and lots of jet type “hangar flying”.

Landing Fee to be announced. Pilot lunch will be included.

More details as they become available.

I am planning on packing my van with lots of jets and flying all day!

See you there!

Field details here:

www.fwthunderbirds.org
Last edited by Thomas B; Aug 05, 2020 at 01:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2020, 01:18 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Some edits to the first thread. I agreed to take over as the Event Manager.

We do expect this event to take place, with appropriate social distancing measures. We will do some sort of box lunch to minimize interaction at the lunch line.

We will run the event from 9AM until 4PM, but you are welcome to stay and fly until dark.

Pilots meeting will be at 9AM. Field open from about 7AM.

We will have a raffle for a nice EDF.

One of the event Spnsors will be JT's Hobby/Joe Tamez.
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Sep 30, 2020, 09:01 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Benbrook Thunder is going to happen!!

After due consideration, we are changing a few things to minimize close personal interaction to make the event simpler due to the current circumstances.

1. No registration required. No entry fee!
2. The club will accept a voluntary donations for the field use of the field event, if you would like to make one.
3. We will have a raffle for a couple of jet kits!
4. We will not provide lunch. We will have a person that will be ablerun to a nearby Chic-Fil-A and pick up a sandwich for you if needed. We suggest you bring your own food, drinks and snacks.

Firm this up on your calendar and come out on Oct 17 for some jet powered fun!

The goal is to have a great day flying jets with the simplest and safest possible operations.
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule

Quick Reply