This thread is privately moderated by NobatteryNopower, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 14, 2020, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

FPV Classic Range Rover | Axial SCX10 II - Part III

Today I've managed to lay down most of the final paint. It's starting to look quite awesome if I may say so It still needs some touching up and I still have to paint all the black parts. Also, I've been pondering how to utilize a PC Steeringwheel and create working pedals. Steering is easy, just replace the potentiometer of the radio with an extended potentiometer from the PC-Steeringwheel. As most potentiometers of radios work as voltage dividers, the actual Ohms shouldn't matter too much. ...But how to connect a brake and throttle-pedal

I've been thinking how to use both pedals on one radio-channel: throttle-brake-reverse. You can program most car-esc's so that going in reverse starts with braking, and then applying brakes again reverses the car. Practically you do this with one channel. So I came up with the luminous idea of connecting the potentiometer of the brake-pedal to the potentiometer of the throttle-pedal. BUT, the brake-pedal-potentiometer must be of half the resistance of the throttle-pedal-potentiometer. And when the brake-pedal is not pressed ('in rest'), the potentiometer should measure 0 Ohms, thus utilizing the full range of the throttle-pedal-potentiometer when applying throttle, and then when you press the brake pedal, the resistance increases of the brake-pedal-potentiometer, together with 1/2R of the throttle-potentiometer, totaling full range and thus braking. Hit the brake again and the brake-pedal becomes a reverse-pedal.

This works & drives amazing in my brain, but still need to proof this concept in the real world

Hopefully I can order a SCX10 II frame in the next few days. I'll have to make sure the mailman is not quarantined.
Last edited by NobatteryNopower; Mar 31, 2020 at 07:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply