This thread is privately moderated by HeliRichS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 11, 2020, 03:50 PM
Helifreak
Thread OP
Discussion

What other hobbies does everyone have?

Hey guys - I know everyone here is into RC, but what other hobbies do you guys have? I am also into outdoor gear like knives and flashlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mar 11, 2020, 03:54 PM
My hobbies are music and traveling. What kind of knives do you like? My boyfriend loves knives too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mar 12, 2020, 08:38 AM
Official Old Git!
My hobbies are also computers, fixing things and reading (mainly Sci-Fi).
Mar 14, 2020, 09:44 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
You name it and I probably have it as a hobby. I get interested in just about anything and everything that can be considered a hobby, from stamp collecting to ocean sailing. But, not all simultaneously. Here's a small listing:

Electronics of all sorts.
Ham Radio (since 1967)
SCUBA diving (since 1966)
Traveling (US & Global)
Sailing (ocean and fresh water)
Guns/reloading
Knives
Music (mostly classical)
Violin (playing and building)
Model planes
Reading/books
Stamp collecting (one of my first hobbies)
Astronomy/Telescopes
Motorcycling & touring

Too many hobbies, too little time...
Mar 21, 2020, 02:41 PM
Kayak and comic book collection.
Mar 22, 2020, 03:49 PM
I decided to get into fly fishing with my teenage son, not buying anything fancy to start with, probably the $170 Orvis/Cabella starter rod reel combo.

I'm also into plastic model planes and have started to dabble in cars and Bandai Star Wars kits.

Occasionally kayak and with the way things are going we may do a lot of that this summer.
Mar 24, 2020, 08:50 AM
I golf at a 7.5 handicap. I enjoy playing acoustic guitar when I’m not flying or golfing. I have no idea the correlation between the three hobbies.
Mar 24, 2020, 03:17 PM
Lone Star Flyer
Woodworking
Metal Work (new lathe)
Electronics
Antique Radios
Models & RC
Fishing (bass & crappie)
Camping (RV)
Hunting (deer, pig, coyote)
Guns
Travel
Billiards
Antique Cars (1953 MG TD)
Science experiments
Grandchildren
Apr 01, 2020, 03:41 PM
Single-task at best...
Besides the toy aeroplanes, I like to build musical instruments - in the cigar box idiom.

As a direct result of this, I've joined a couple of local ukulele bands, met lots of great people and learned a lot of songs that I would never heard normally.

Tim
Apr 05, 2020, 10:21 PM
Not my best examples.
Apr 06, 2020, 09:44 AM
Electronics
Bike Fixing
Touring
Watching Documentaries.
Mobile Gaming
Gardening (Indoor Plants)
Apr 07, 2020, 01:09 AM
characters welcome!
Shooting sports/reloading
Fishing
Camping
Road trips
Building stuff
Growing veggies
Raising chickens
Horses
Star gazing
Amazon ( )
Naps. Yeah, expert napper.

mw
Apr 07, 2020, 05:10 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Although no longer active in them, I performed with a Scottish bagpipe band for 23 years. Perhaps the most fun I've ever had. Still have 2 sets of pipes - my original Graingers (my HS graduation present) which are mounted with imitation ivory and a set of Peter Henderson geniune ivory/sterling silver carried by a Canadian regiment in WWI.

Also got into photgrapgy and won several photo contests. Still have quite a few SLRs and lenses (mostly Pentax).

Owned some sailboats and got involved in racing - mostly salt water. Took flying lessons in HS, managed to solo a PA28-150 but never finished my private ticket. Oh, also did downhill skiing and scuba.

Then I got married...
Apr 17, 2020, 07:01 AM
I like to read books and now I have enough time for this, so I started reading several books that I've been planning for a long time "Thinner, Leaner, Stronger" by Michael Matthews and "The seven habits of highly effective people"
The second one is more impressive for me because I like self-improvement literature. Reading such books is a necessity for me, I think they help shape our personality, improve the quality of life and take it to a new level. When I wrote a work on this subject I turned to this service for help to find out how professionals will reveal this topic https://edubirdie.com/pay-for-research-papers and I became even more convinced of its necessity
After reading such literature, I always get a lot of insights and inspiration.
In our time and under the current circumstances, I need it.
Last edited by DerrickDonat; Apr 24, 2020 at 05:54 AM.
Apr 26, 2020, 05:29 AM
I have more hobbies than time! My background was originally in computer science, so I do like keeping abreast of the latest changes in technology - not the javascript framework world though, that changes TOO fast for not enough benefit IMO. I also enjoy gardening and rudimentary woodworking. I like reading and have been reading a lot of nonfiction these past few years, I really need to start reading fiction. and of course, I also blacksmith, but that is more of a hobby/side income than a true blue hobby. weirdly enough I have never gotten into knife making, too much grinding for my tastes. I tend to stick with ornamental stuff like shepherds hooks and the like.

Quick Reply