FPV v. FAA Court Case - (Challenging Remote ID!!)

Here is a federal court case on behalf of the hobby...

Splash

Court Case - (Challenging Remote ID!!)

"You cannot love a thing without wanting to fight for it." - G.K. Chesterton

Thank you so very much for your interest in helping us to fight the FAA in court and on the legal front. A Supreme Court case can cause well in excess of $1M, and while it is far too soon to know how far it will go, we have already begun working with lawyers towards this effort and of course that comes with hefty legal expenses. Your donation to this is very appreciated and will allow us to produce a stronger opposition to the FAA and other well-funded government lobbyists.

RaceDayQuads.com would like to formally announce our intent to challenge the NPRM , or any Remote ID rule which is unlawful or detrimental to the hobby, in court.

We will immediately begin the interview process with lawyers who specialize in this area, and begin researching ways in which we can effectively challenge or inhibit Remote ID at this stage. We intend to issue the FAA a Threat of Suit, which will officially inform the FAA of our intention (RaceDayQuads, LLC v. FAA) should they pass any parts of the NPRM which we perceive as unconstitutional.

We are prepared to fight to the death of RDQ to win this, and if we must, we will escalate this to the highest court we can until we get an acceptable result. We have no idea what the outcome of all of this will be, but I assure you we will not go down without one hell of a fight!

How you can help in addition to donating: Link To GoFundMe page.

Please let your local legislators know about your thoughts on the NPRM by writing them emails and letters. Specifically, we want to focus on legislators in the Department of Transportation or with any links to the FAA and UAS integration.

Timeline of Events:

March 3rd 2020 - RDQ announces intent to challenge NPRM in court and begins reaching out to legal experts

March 4th 2020 - We have begun researching Freedom of Information Act Requests which would apply to this case and help our cause. A Threat of Suit is being worked on. Invitations have been sent out to major FPV businesses and influencers to join in the effort either by voicing their support or by giving additional funding. An official list of companies and influencers backing this will be posted at a later date.

Mar 10, 2020, 07:02 PM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Been a customer for some time and love your service . Thank you for taking up the cause .
Mar 11, 2020, 08:45 AM
Thermals, Tom
I never cared much for drones or quads, but if you lead off with a quote
from Chesterton, I’m willing to help
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Mar 12, 2020, 10:15 AM
I plan on donating and helping where I can! I can't believe with as many members the AMA has, that more didn't leave a comment on the FAA NPRM. I left several.
Mar 12, 2020, 10:19 AM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by codys
I plan on donating and helping where I can! I can't believe with as many members the AMA has, that more didn't leave a comment on the FAA NPRM. I left several.
I would like to second that comment . I searched the FAA comments for club members and 3 people out of our club bothered to comment - I just shook my head .
Mar 12, 2020, 01:21 PM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymcc
I would like to second that comment . I searched the FAA comments for club members and 3 people out of our club bothered to comment - I just shook my head .
It is possible some submitted anonymously? But point taken, apathy is apparent. I submitted comments.....
Last edited by Rusty105; Mar 12, 2020 at 01:37 PM.
Mar 12, 2020, 01:29 PM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
It is possible some submitted anonymously? But point taken, apathy is apparent. I submitted comments.....
Nice .
They use credit card to pay , no paypal . Not sure on your question .
Mar 12, 2020, 01:37 PM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymcc
Nice .
They use credit card to pay , no paypal . Not sure on your question .
I fixed my post above. I was commenting on the lack of comments from club members.
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Mar 12, 2020, 07:08 PM
Thanks for creating this thread. I predict the intending plaintiffs would never be able to win in court.
Mar 12, 2020, 08:25 PM
Suspended Account
Typically for a lawsuit you talk with a lawyer first.
Mar 12, 2020, 10:59 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHO24
Typically for a lawsuit you talk with a lawyer first.
And also wait until there is an actual rule to sue over.

Quick Reply