This thread is privately moderated by aeajr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 08, 2019, 06:14 AM
This information is very useful for beginners, thanks for sharing.It allows me to make fewer mistakes and lose less money.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 11:22 PM
How do you do a range check with only one person? Thanks
Aug 21, 2019, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportcubs
Depth perception

Dave
Sep 24, 2019, 11:14 AM

Hummm

I never got any keys.
Sep 24, 2019, 11:50 AM
Montrose CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcubs
how do you do a range check with only one person? Thanks
read the manual.
Sep 29, 2019, 09:34 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportcubs
The manual for your radio will describe the procedure.
Sep 29, 2019, 09:44 PM
Someone once suggested binoculars which seemed a reasonable solution if sighting was the problem. It is also a good idea to elevate the craft above the ground on some non metallic object. It's also a good idea to avoid wet grass which can skew the test.
Nov 02, 2019, 06:59 PM

That works out well

I had the same thought about mastering an rc car before trying to fly. I bought an Eleanor Mustang that I will drive around until Spring when I'll break out the Tiger Moth. Thanks.
Nov 03, 2019, 09:50 AM
Montrose CO
no, two words. Flight Simulator. Cars and planes are different. Flight sims are cheap, cost zero to crash and teach you how to fly towards you without thinking about your fingers and the sticks.
Nov 03, 2019, 11:23 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBishop
I had the same thought about mastering an RC car before trying to fly. I bought an Eleanor Mustang that I will drive around until Spring when I'll break out the Tiger Moth. Thanks.
Focus primarily on driving the car toward you. That is THE key benefit you can gain from a car.

Also, for this to help you with airplanes you MUST use a controller with a stick for steering, not a wheel.

Because airplanes operate in 3 dimensions you have a lot to learn beyond what the car can teach you, but this left, right reversal is the most valuable lesson cars can offer. Run an obstacle course going away from you, then turn around and run it coming back at you. Do it slowly, focusing on getting it right. Then, over time, pick up speed until the movements become natural.

Think of yourself as being in the car. Then left is always left and right is always right. Same for an airplane. From the cockpit or driver's seat, there is no reversal.

Quick Reply