Let's See Your Finished Winter Projects

A place to post photos/videos of your finished RC airplane winter projects.

Splash

Show Off Your Hard Work

Old man winter is on his way out, there's an extra hour of sun available and the temps are finally starting to get comfortable. That means the Winter build season is coming to an end and the Spring flying season in nearly here. I know you've been working hard all winter building your latest plane. Whether it took months, years or just a short week, you should be proud of the work you've done with your own hands. Building a kit from scratch is just not the same as putting together an ARF or PNP. There's more emotional attachment with the former and I thought I'd create this thread as a place for you guys to post some before and after photos of your winter project.

This isn't a place for build details, hopefully you have started a build thread of your own detailing the process. For this thread, please post some photos of when you started and what the finished model looks like today. I can't wait to see what you've up to.

Mar 09, 2020, 08:47 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Iíve completed three builds this Winter.

(1) Robinhood 25 from Old School Models. Added a cowl and some sorta scale details.

(2) Tori Glider. Modified the tail and added flaps and recovered. Using smaller motor than ARF.

(3) Jet Skylark 250 from Willy Nillies. 6.7oz ready to fly with 2S500.
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Mar 09, 2020, 10:33 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Nice!
Mar 09, 2020, 11:05 AM
Or current resident
18" span Monocoupe 110 from Peter Rake plans.
I can hear Pete saying, 'Lovely model mate'
RIP Pete.
Glenn
Mar 09, 2020, 10:44 PM
Ringmaster with McCoy 35
Mar 10, 2020, 02:18 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Well, it's not finished yet but the goal is to have it ready before the good weather arrives Building goes fast like a lego kit with this one . . .

Cheers,

Bart

GooseV2 episode 5, Front Fuse part 2 (11 min 48 sec)
Mar 10, 2020, 11:57 AM
Only one project this winter,1/4 Scale Spacewalker of sorts. It's all I could afford!
Mar 10, 2020, 02:16 PM
"I will return" Federico
The Extreme Flight 104" Extra 300 V2 is an ARF, but it would have been easier to build the EV2 from scratch, given all the custom work I did to convert the V2 to electric. I started in January of 2019 and worked on and off until the maiden a couple weeks ago. It's designed to fly two Advanced IMAC aerobatic sequences back to back.
Last edited by rclad; Mar 13, 2020 at 10:43 AM.
Mar 11, 2020, 01:09 AM
My Bell Jetranger 206 with electric Hirobo Shuttle FBL Mechanics.
Mar 11, 2020, 06:00 AM
Geyzer 1300mm
Mar 11, 2020, 09:17 AM
Stevephoon

Sport Plane

Some nice models being shown! Here's mine, a 59 in wing span sport plane of my own design. Electric powered. 1st time creating and cutting out parts on a CNC router myself. A nice learning adventure that has led to something that actually flies.
Mar 11, 2020, 12:30 PM
millerjr88

Lanier Shrike

This is my first balsa kit build, so it doesn't look as good as most. It is a Lanier RC Shrike .15 that I purchased from mike8041 here on RC Groups. I had a set of plans for the .40 size Shrike and when I saw the .15 size kit for sale I decided to build the kit first to get some experience and see how the build goes. I put an OS .15 in it, and had to mount it on firewall first and build the cowl around it to get it to fit. The pictures aren't the best, but that's probably a good thing, because it's harder to see my covering skills need a lot of improvement. Now just waiting for nice weather to see how it flys.
Mar 13, 2020, 06:53 PM
Cessna 172
Mar 13, 2020, 07:52 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I built one of these as a kid, I thought it would be fun to build another as an adult! End result,,,,, makes you feel like a kid again !
Sig Hummer !

Quick Reply