Mar 05, 2020, 10:37 AM
Thread OP
Fly-In

Glow Plug Palooza - June 26-28, 2020 - Decatur, IL

The Second Annual Glow Plug Palooza is coming to Decatur, IL June 26-28, 2020.

Our theme for this year is "Music to My Ears!"

Our site is http://www.glowplugpalooza.com/ and this year we have links to FB and Instagram pages so it's easy to follow by more people.

Still lots of planning going on, but one thing that is already firmed up is "Free Lunch Friday." Come on Friday and the lunch is free. Nothing says "we want you here" like free food!

Last year was the hottest weekend of the year, so we moved the date a little to avoid that.

Control Line, Free Flight, and of course RC are all welcome. Bring along some swappable goodies, too. A good bit of horse trading was going on as well.

Hope to see you there!

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2020, 06:35 PM
I'm in!
May 28, 2020, 06:29 AM

Introducing, Glow Plug Palooza LITE

Due to circumstances beyond our control, modification of the upcoming Glow Plug Palooza 2020 event must take place.

Determined by the governing state of Illinois body, we cannot hold the event as planned. It is not cancelled. However, we cannot offer the amenities originally promised. The field is open and we will be flying our glow-powered aircraft regardless.

We have therefore decided to hold a "LITE" type of event. All are welcome to attend in a manner that conforms to whatever health laws are in place at the time. All fees will be waived.

Hope to see you soon.

Michael Ramsey
Event Coordinator
Jun 10, 2020, 05:15 PM
Hey Andy, Or anyone,

Any recommendations for local hotels there? Becky and I would like to come and fly some!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
Jun 10, 2020, 05:24 PM
Thread OP
Hotels are in Forsyth, about 5 minutes west of the meet.

They're all real close to the interchange. In no order:

Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, Ramada Limited, Country Inn & Suites, Baymont, Quality Inn, Residence Inn, and more.

Choose your comfort level!

Andy
Jun 11, 2020, 02:08 PM
Thank you Andy!

It's been a while since we've been to Forsyth/Decatur area.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
Jun 25, 2020, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Packing up the van tonight, heading out early tomorrow! Hope to see you all there this weekend sometime.

Andy
Jun 25, 2020, 05:24 PM
We are just about packed up and headed that way tonight. :-)

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
Jun 27, 2020, 06:54 AM
Thread OP
Friday was sunny and warm, with a breeze that helped keep it feeling comfortable. Everybody got in a few flights at least.

Engines on Friday ranged from a TD. 020 one of Doug's Willy Nilly kits to a Seidel 70 on Jim's workbench.

We had a front come through early this morning, and 30 miles east it's clear now so I expect it's clear at the field as well.

I'll get more pix today. Leaving in a bit.

Andy
Jun 27, 2020, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
Another fine day with lots of flying.

We had to take a break for about an hour right around lunch time as some rain blew through. Horizontally. Fortunately we had enough warning that everybody was able to pack there stuff inside cars and keep it dry. We all got at least a little wet, but it wasn't bad.

We spent the time chatting and picking with one another.

As soon as the rain cleared the winds were very calm and we all got a lot more flying done.

Looking forward to tomorrow - it's supposed to be even better weather.

Andy
Jun 29, 2020, 07:21 AM
Thank you for having this event. It was a fun, relaxing time and great to meet all of you!

Becky and I enjoyed ourselves.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
Jul 03, 2020, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
Last night I put up some videos of the Seidel running.

Andy

Seidel Glow (Part 1) (1 min 56 sec)

Seidel Glow (Part 2) (0 min 15 sec)

Quick Reply