Mar 31, 2002, 07:15 PM
Thread OP

Plane Storage Racks…What to Use

With more than 6 planes, I’m looking to get them off of the floor, perhaps get some type of rack or shelving system.

Does anybody have some suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2002, 07:23 PM
A picture tells a thousand words - adjustable shelving.

Cheers

Phill
Mar 31, 2002, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
Nice solution. However, I'm an e-flyer. Can't typically take the wings off of the plane.

Thanks.
Mar 31, 2002, 09:15 PM
Balsa Builder
Heres my solution for my dorm room. I have a wire running from a post in the middle of the room to the wall, I use transmitter neck straps and put them around the planes in assorted ways. The bipe is my Baronette Bipe, and the other is my Champion that had to be recovered after my roommate cracked the wing. I also hang my E3D up there too. Theres room for it.

--Paul
Mar 31, 2002, 10:14 PM
I leave my wings on my planes too. Here's what I do. Not elaborate, but works.
Mar 31, 2002, 11:03 PM
Been There! Done That!
Here's my solution.
boomer
Apr 01, 2002, 01:02 AM
I bought a box of eye screws from Home Depot, screwed them into the studs in my garage ceiling, and then used strings to hang my planes.

Two eye-screws per plane, and hang them from the nose and tail sections. Works great. I also put one eye-screw into the wall, and use a bungee cord wrapped around the tail and hooked back into the eye-screw for three of my warbirds.

Greg
Apr 01, 2002, 01:26 AM
The first picture - adjustable shelving - works with wings on also.
Just cover the arms with the gray pipe insulation foam so the metal bracket does not hurt the plane.
If wheelless, lay on side of fuse with wings vertical and rudder sticking out. Or angle with nose down and out.

Quick Reply