Flair SE5A - RC Groups
Apr 03, 2005, 06:59 AM

Flair SE5A

I have just started to build the .40 size SE5A from Flair (UK).

Has anybody built the kit with a four stroke engine? if so which one? does it fly well?

I was going to go for the SC52 four stroke, is that any good?

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2006, 12:27 PM
if it dont fly i dont want it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross
I have just started to build the .40 size SE5A from Flair (UK).

Has anybody built the kit with a four stroke engine? if so which one? does it fly well?

I was going to go for the SC52 four stroke, is that any good?

Thanks
if fly mine with a os 48 four stroke and it has plenty of power
if you are using a sc 52 it will fly with power to spare
good luck with the build
regards
mick
Aug 12, 2006, 08:42 PM
Bi-Planes
Albatross :

From what I understand the SC.52 is the same thing as a OS.52 , So I feel as though it would be plenty of engine also. Which is fine, you can always just keep the throttle down and if you need the power it is there.

How is your build comeing ? Can you post some pictures ?

SEEYA, TIM
Jan 04, 2009, 05:26 PM
Hi Albatross.
Ive been flying my Flair SE5a for the past 2 years using a Saito 45 Special. Good
little motor with plenty of power. I think a SC52 four stroke would be even better. ie power in hand, shorter take offs and a good climb out, then throttle back to 1/2 and
chugg around all day. If I had a SC52 FS looking for a home then I would fit it in my
SE5a.
If your landings are like mine then you will want to beef up the undercart.
Fit the SC52 and enjoy. Happy flying.
Downthruster (uk)
Oct 12, 2017, 11:03 AM
Hello
Please can help me i have Flair SE5A instructions problem.....the words at the end of page are missing.
Can you scan me a copy...just page 1,2,3,4....my email is.... avionette@gmail.com
Oct 12, 2017, 11:47 AM
Don't mean to hi-jack your thread but those Flair kits are awesome.
I built two of their "Hannibal's" and put Saito radials on them. They never failed to gather a crowd at the field.
Also built a sound and light system for the machine guns on them. Very Kool
Oct 15, 2017, 02:24 PM
noone can help me?
Oct 15, 2017, 07:05 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionette
noone can help me?
The thread was started over 10 years ago. The posters may have moved on in life. The Flair kit has not been in production for a long time. I did have one that I sold a while back. Let me see if I can contact the buyer and maybe get a copy of the instruction manual is there is one. It will have to be at least next Sunday before I see the buyer again. So you have to be patient. This is a long shot.
Oct 16, 2017, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
The thread was started over 10 years ago. The posters may have moved on in life. The Flair kit has not been in production for a long time. I did have one that I sold a while back. Let me see if I can contact the buyer and maybe get a copy of the instruction manual is there is one. It will have to be at least next Sunday before I see the buyer again. So you have to be patient. This is a long shot.
Thank you ....ok i will await

best regards
Oct 24, 2017, 11:52 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Thank you ....ok i will await

best regards
I saw my friend last Sunday and asked him to bring the manual next Sunday. So maybe soon I will have some scans for you.
Oct 25, 2017, 07:23 AM
Quote:
I saw my friend last Sunday and asked him to bring the manual next Sunday. So maybe soon I will have some scans for you.
Thank you very much!!
Oct 29, 2017, 10:55 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Thank you very much!!
As promised here are the scans of the Flair SE5A instruction manual. Please let me know if you can read them ok before I return the manual.
Oct 31, 2017, 12:23 PM
Quote:
As promised here are the scans of the Flair SE5A instruction manual. Please let me know if you can read them ok before I return the manual.

Hi thank you so much, yes i can read.........have a good day thank you again

kind regards!
Oct 31, 2017, 12:34 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Hi thank you so much, yes i can read.........have a good day thank you again

kind regards!
Very good. I will return the manual then.
Nov 04, 2017, 04:16 PM
Sorry my limited english....... i will show instruction picture e, plans pictures.

I glued parts 1 to 2....enlarged (because do not go inside) the seat of n 3 (picture 2).
Last edited by avionette; Nov 05, 2017 at 01:20 PM.