Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 03, 2005, 05:21 AM

Has anyone done a spring stock take of their stuff?

Hi guys

I brought a new transmitter a few days ago and started to program it with my favourite aircraft. As storage space in the garage is at a premium I decided to retire to a couple of little used aircraft, salvaging the servos, motors etc.

I then made the fatal mistake of adding them to my spare bits draw and consequently realised that it wouldnt all fit...aggghh. So I decided to do a little audit to see exactly what Ive got. Just the value of the 'spare' motors made me wince!!

Motors
1 x Axi 2212/26
1 x Axi 2212/34
1 x Axi 2208/26
1 x Razor 400
1 x Aveox 27/26/4 (kv1172 rpm/v, 20 amp)
1 x Mega 16/15/4 + CC 25 amp
1 x Typhoon 6
1 x Typhoon 6 + 18 amp brushless
1 x Typhoon 15
1 x 400 size outrunner + 18 amp brushless

I realise some of you might have a lot more spare stuff but Ive only been 'collecting' for a little over a year! My late new years resolutions are to be more prudent and plan more effectively!!

Any thoughts about potential models to but this stuff to work?? (Am too much of a tight-fisted hoarder away to give or sell them!)

As anyone else done a similar stock take recently? If you havent, learn by my mistake - DONT do it!!!

Regards

Roger
Last edited by Dodgie; Apr 03, 2005 at 02:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2005, 07:01 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
I thought I had gone nuts. Man you spent a fortune just on motors.
Apr 03, 2005, 08:12 AM
Good advice for me, I couldn't picture myself doing an invantory here! Will my kids have a job to do if I kick the bucket. Many, many years of stuff most still good but I'll admit lots for the dumpster. I did deposit a bunch of old radio stuff (Kraft and Citizianship) about ten years ago in the dumpster and do clean up occasionally and make a new deposit but I have a shop in the loft of the barn full as well as a hanger full, thirty plus planes ready to fly at any time so for sure after years of this business (over fifty) it collects exponentally. Can I relate ?- yup , but I don't feel sorry for ya.
Apr 06, 2005, 09:07 AM
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
we have about 12 motors or so
6 geared Himax 2015-4100
1 2812-0850 Himax out-runner
1 Axi and
2-3 lens Rc motors
2-4 Ips Brushed motors

We probely have more,Im not sure.all of them except one of the himax 2015-4100 is my fathers,so not sure what all he might have.Not to name all the speed controllers.We have only been back flying since june of 2004.
Apr 06, 2005, 10:26 AM
Nimble with Gimbals
Disposable income is a wonderful thing
Apr 06, 2005, 10:48 AM
A Clinger
Only have one spare AXI 2814/12 motor and 45A controller left. I have one extra hs-81 servo as well. Everything else is in use.... Oh, four 'spare' kits to build and a big stack of balsa sheets and sticks -- but the balsa kits are going to have to 'wait' until late summer/fall I suspect due to house projects this summer...
Apr 06, 2005, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgie
I realize some of you might have a lot more spare stuff but Ive only been 'collecting' for a little over a year! My late new years resolutions are to be more prudent and plan more effectively!!
"Plan more effectively" is wise advice. My very first $300 electric purchase was a total wash. I ended up using only one servo from that purchase and the rest went into instant retirement. I bought a Fundango from Tower and quickly realized (after discovering RCGroups) that it was crap. I tried again and got a MM Dandy Sport/GT. Good move on my part. Ever since then I've gotten into the habit of researching thoroughly before any RC purchase. Just spent another $550 or so on a Futaba 7CAP, a Hangar 9 Twist and a Saito 71. Yes, I'm exploring glow.. Sue me.
Apr 10, 2005, 07:27 PM
Registered Disabuser
hey u dissing the fundango? im building my second now. . I've been into electric/nitro cars choppers and parkies for several years but i still don't have enough to require a stock check.