Mar 03, 2020, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

AMA Response for the remote id

AMA posted a small video this morning concerning the response to the FAA's remote id. Looks like the FAA received 50K responses from the modeling community. May good things happen at this time.

Thank you for commenting! What's next... (1 min 25 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2020, 11:10 AM
Half came in during the last week, and 25% came in YESTERDAY.

That should keep them reading for a while...

Andy
Mar 04, 2020, 07:16 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
I thought the AMA’s written response was well thought out and well written.
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Mar 04, 2020, 08:42 AM
Agreed, it was. I was surprised at just how close it was to my "long-version" response (I made a long and a short version, one to fill in the 5K characters and a 6-pager that was an attachment).

Andy
Mar 04, 2020, 09:11 AM
A man with too many toys
According to the AMA video there is a chance that we will have to do this all over again. If they decide to make major changes they might open it up to comments again.

Mar 04, 2020, 09:17 AM
That's the right way to do it. The Founders intended that government be slow and inefficient, as this means it takes time, and taking our time usually means doing it the right way. It helps prevent knee-jerk reactions.

Andy
Mar 04, 2020, 09:45 AM
I think the AMA did a good job on their response.
Mar 04, 2020, 10:36 PM
The job isn't half done, folks. Registering a comment with the FAA is only the first step. Everyone needs to write their congressional and senatorial representatives, too. I got a call today from my representative's staff acknowledging the email I sent, urging them to pressure the FAA wrt remote ID. I got the impression mine was the first one they'd received.

Please - look up how to contact your Representative and Senators, educate them about the impact remote ID would have as currently proposed, and urge them to lean on the FAA to modify their plans.

It's easy to ignore our comments, but it's a lot harder to ignore Congress. It was congressional pressure that, until recently, required the FAA to keep out of model aviation. Getting the right provisions into FAA legislation is probably the only way to save our hobby.

Quick Reply