This thread is privately moderated by pdooley, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 02, 2020, 02:29 PM
rc user
Thread OP
Data

Blue Bird Servo

namely, the bms-661dmg+hs

i provided feedback in this thread, been using these in ground vehicles for years, no servo saver and some pretty decent bashing. no failures to speak of other than broke the ears off one, but that was a full speed hit into a stationary object, hit hard enough to rip the a-arm off and break the center out of the wheel. that servo still works fine, just the case has no ears for mounting.

well yesterday another one failed. car started steering sluggish and then complete failure. the servo arm locked in place. i took it apart to find motor and probably board too was burned. gearset was fine but motor completely locked.
i did notice what looked like corrosion on the motor can, probably from water getting around the oring seals(not very good seals i noticed).

either way, the servo went for many hours before giving up. who knows how much longer it would last if kept dry. I have 3 others in service so will keep evaluating.
also will take the unbroken case from this dead one and fix the other, put it back in service.
Last edited by pdooley; Mar 02, 2020 at 10:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply