Feb 29, 2020, 01:04 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
New Product

e-Flitz - electric Flitzebogen

It is time to open a dedicated thread for the e-Flitz!

The design is based on the well known hand launch plane Flitzebogen which was known for its friendly "lifty" airfoil and a slightly larger wing area (by today's standards). Both of these characteristics fit perfectly with the concept of electric Flitz because the wing can easily handle the slightly increased weight and in fact it shines at the higher weights and does not benefit from a light weight.

Whether your plans are to try the new F5K competition class or simply to have fun with a small electric plane - eFlitz can bring you lots of joy.
My first test flights showed that it flies just like the original hand launch Flitzebogen, and really is a very modern well performing hand launch plane, except that it does not need a strong arm for getting to the launch altitude. With a 2-cell battery and the factory provided power system, eFlitz will get to 50-60 m altitude in about 4-5 seconds. It should be possible to mix these electric HL planes with the regular F3K planes at a club event, thus allowing pilots with weak launches or incapable of a discus launch due to various health reasons to get into the F3K game and participate in local club events.

The factory already developed a power system (very similar to the Snipe2e unit but different components) and a carbon prop that fits the tiny 25mm Hyper spinner and designed for a 2-cell battery. The quality of the parts and completeness of the entire kit is outstanding as usual for the Aeromodelis products.
The first two eFlitz samples are already here as you may have seen in the other thread. I assembled and flown mine and thoroughly enjoyed it. The second one is hopefully about to be assembled and flown also by Ben, and we will see reports and pictures from him (hint, hint, Ben!). A small batch of kits is currently on the way to me from Lithuania. I am able to offer them to the USA and Canada customers at $669-699 (shipping $80). Accessories and parts will be available also.

Please use this ordering form to indicate your interest and get on the waiting list. The form has prices for the parts and accessories too.

ORDERING FORM for eFlitz

--
Last edited by olgol; Jun 04, 2021 at 12:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 29, 2020, 07:57 AM
Hi Oleg,

Are all the verticals carbon and are the H stabs either carbon or glass?

I assume the motor is an outrunner. Is there some clip or something that keeps the wires away from the bell? What size 2S battery is recommended for balancing?

Will any of these be available at your F5J contest in April?

Thanks!

Dave R.
Feb 29, 2020, 09:53 AM
https://www.mylipo.de/mylipo-333mAh-...C-HV-435V-XT30
or 3s, also bigger 2s works, so you need in 20-30 gr long and narrow cells
for motor you need no protection, the moving part does not have wire
Feb 29, 2020, 10:38 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreisinger
Hi Oleg,
Are all the verticals carbon and are the H stabs either carbon or glass?
I assume the motor is an outrunner. Is there some clip or something that keeps the wires away from the bell? What size 2S battery is recommended for balancing?
Will any of these be available at your F5J contest in April?
Thanks!
Dave R.
Dave!

Yes, so far I have seen carbon and glass stabs. I can inquire about glass vertical tails.

The motor is an 1806 size drone outrunner. It is attached from the back side. The motor mount is glued deep in the fuselage such that the entire motor is inside. I will post some pics.

I used these two batteries. The bigger one can fit under the wing with some persuasion. The smaller one is too thick and stays just in front of the wing. The smaller battery of course has less power, the voltage sags a bit more. And needs a connector swap of course.

https://hyperion-world.com/en/g7-2s-...t-30-connector

https://hyperion-world.com/en/g7-2s-...ne-50cmax-4-2v

I am getting 6 kits in the first shipment, so if you reserve one now, I will have it at the contest in April!

--
Feb 29, 2020, 05:03 PM
What is the difference in weight between the light and standard versions?
I presume the light is carboline and the standard is spread tow?
Feb 29, 2020, 05:11 PM
difference about 25-30 gr. Spread tow version is RTF about 270-275 gr what is 12 gr/dm^2, min allowed wing loading for current F5K rules...
Feb 29, 2020, 05:31 PM
Viele danke,
Thank you
Mar 02, 2020, 07:25 AM
I have a flitz 2. Will you be offering a fuselage kit that will fit my wing? I'm hoping so!!
Mar 02, 2020, 09:38 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by old navy
I have a flitz 2. Will you be offering a fuselage kit that will fit my wing? I'm hoping so!!
Unfortunately not. At least not in the near time.
The bigger more floaty Flitz wing was a better match for the electric version, so that's why the factory went with that option.
Maybe in the future there will be an e-fuselage for Flitz2 also.
Mar 02, 2020, 09:47 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Had a great afternoon yesterday with my eFlitz.
The weather was very nice, sunny and warm enough for just a light jacket.

I had nearly two hours of flying with just my 4 batteries (two larger and two smaller ones).
Most of the launches I could make the 3 min target time that I usually use for practice flying. Sometimes I had 2+ min flights or even under 2 min.

I am using a mini Altis with regular F5J firmware.
The cutoff altitude was set for 50 m.
The reported F5J altitude (measured up to 10 seconds after shutoff) was between 53-59 m. So this is very much in line with a decent discus launch.
I am really bonding with the eFlitz now.

--
Mar 02, 2020, 11:48 AM
Hi Oleg,

By your previous comments, can I assume the EFlitz wing is identical to a Flitz 1 wing and if so, are the bolt hole locations the same?

Thanks!

Dave R.
Mar 02, 2020, 12:12 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Yes, the wing and the stab are identical to Flitz (original, Flitz1) DLG. Same molds. Same attachment points.
Actually, on the stab I think they shifted the attachment points a little, so it will not mount on the Flitz fuselage without drilling new hole(s).
Mar 02, 2020, 09:33 PM
Pilot for NOS Energy WoO
Looks great! Hope to see one in person soon.
Mar 03, 2020, 11:44 AM
Olgol can I just order a fuse with stabs?
Mar 03, 2020, 01:13 PM
Flying Low
Looks nice. Why the change in design of the Vertical? Also would be curious if just a fuse and tail set could be ordered and just use my current wing on it.

Quick Reply