Feb 27, 2020, 04:49 AM
Thread OP
Question

SAFE into larger heli

Is t possible to install a SAFE receiver like an ar636 Into a 450 size heli for the self leveling feature? What other manufacturers offer similar stabilization? I am new to helis just not rc.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2020, 05:33 AM
Heligamist
I wouldn't put an AR636 in a larger heli. If it's set up for a motorized tail it probably won't work at all. You'd be best off with something like a Spirit FBL that has stability modes and rescue. I have several of those in larger models.
Feb 27, 2020, 01:26 PM
UK 550/600 Tarot distributor
Most modern flybarless controllers have stabilisation capability similar to SAFE. On some you need to pay extra to turn on the feature, but on the Spirit or the ikon/Brain it comes 'free'.

Note that a flybarless controller is not a receiver, with a few exceptions you have to add a seperate receiver.
Feb 28, 2020, 05:17 PM
Thread OP
I guess a Spektrum 7210bx is safe capable with an upgrade. What would be another equivalent?

Thanks
Feb 29, 2020, 06:32 AM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshot001
I guess a Spektrum 7210bx is safe capable with an upgrade. What would be another equivalent?

Thanks
Yes but for the price of the upgrade alone you could buy a used Spirit or Brain/Ikon.
Mar 01, 2020, 11:12 AM
Thread OP
Ok, so other have a self leveling ability. Itís difficult reading the product descriptions which offer self leveling and a recovery function. It also appears most require a separate receiver and some require adapter to use Spektrum receivers?
Mar 01, 2020, 11:32 AM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshot001
Ok, so other have a self leveling ability. Itís difficult reading the product descriptions which offer self leveling and a recovery function. It also appears most require a separate receiver and some require adapter to use Spektrum receivers?
They use what's know as a satellite receiver. They aren't very expensive. You can even get ones that will send telemetry to your radio (although they cost a bit more) like the AR4649T and the newer AR4650T. Here is a Lemon RX sat receiver on Amazon for $15.99. It will plug directly into a Brain/Ikon or Spirit FBL.

https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Di.../dp/B016RP8XLO

Quick Reply