Feb 26, 2020, 07:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

New Syma 107 H

In mid 2019 I saw the online shopping company Banggood advertising for sale the new Syma 107 H-E coaxial helis and after having had so much fun flying my S107 G's I took the plunge and purchased one. It took some time in being delivered and it worked okay for a short while. Still having a S107 G to play with I just parked the H model but while browsing on YouTube recently I saw a 107 H-E unit being demonstrated and on closer inspection I realized that it looked quite a bit different from the one I had gotten from Banggood.

Doing an internet search I found the exact one I had seen on You Tube for sale on Amazon, so more out of curiosity than anything else I purchased one. Well it arrived a few days ago and so far I am quite impressed with it's quality and performance. The S107 H-E from Banggood looked exactly like my old 107G with the only difference being the S107 H-E name painted on the cowl and of course the new style Tx. The new S107 H-E from Amazon came in a completely different and very nice and compact packaging. It has a completely different styled cowl nicely finished with metallic paint, has all black main rotor blades and flies super smooth.

So to me its obvious there are some non genuine S107 H-E units being advertised on the market so be careful where from and what you purchase.
Last edited by Karolh; Feb 27, 2020 at 08:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2020, 10:24 AM

Is this it?

I went to the SymaToys Store and found the S107H but without the "E" at the end of the name. Is it the same heli? Anyway, here is a link to the webpage:

http://www.symatoys.com/goodshow/s10...h-phantom.html

The model on the page looks just like the classical S107G. I have the S107W and the canopy is slightly more "angular" but is recognizable as an S107. Maybe my S107 is "fake", who knows? LOL!

The S107 in my avatar was my very first which I bought way back in September of 2010 from Amazon. At that time, Syma was still not using a letter designation after the model's name. They started using "G" some time after.

Anyway, have a good time flying it. I bought mine (S107W) in 2017 and still going strong.
Last edited by edwong3; Mar 02, 2020 at 10:33 AM.
Mar 02, 2020, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
Oh boy now the plot thickens. I visited the Syma site link you posted and the picture shown there of the 107H model does not resemble mine, so now who knows, maybe the one I have is the fake. You mentioned that your 107W ( which I was not aware existed ) has an angular shaped canopy and so does my 107 H. Anyway for whatever it is, it's all water under the bridge now so I'll just continue to enjoy it and hope that it survives as long as my original 107's have.
Mar 02, 2020, 11:04 AM
Well to be honest, I always wondered why my S107W looked slightly different from the legacy S107G so maybe that is the answer. But as I said in my original post, I've had my S107W since 2017 and it still flies nicely but not as good as my original one. And it seems like you can't really order direct from SymaToys.com. to assure one always gets the authentic item. I don't see a shopping cart so maybe it's just an informational site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolh
Oh boy now the plot thickens. I visited the Syma site link you posted and the picture shown there of the 107H model does not resemble mine, so now who knows, maybe the one I have is the fake. You mentioned that your 107W ( which I was not aware existed ) has an angular shaped canopy and so does my 107 H. Anyway for whatever it is, it's all water under the bridge now so I'll just continue to enjoy it and hope that it survives as long as my original 107's have.
Mar 02, 2020, 11:12 AM

You can buy Syma here...

I found the site to buy Syma products directly:

http://www.symatoystore.com/

And here is the link to the S107H:

http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-New...pter-with-GYRO
Mar 02, 2020, 11:56 AM
Thread OP
A visit to the Syma site you just posted reveals that my 107H canopy is quite different from their which has nice rounded edges similar to the original 107 now designated 107G while mine has very pronounced sharp angular edges. Anyway as long as it continues to behave as well as its done so far I will be happy camper.
Mar 02, 2020, 12:14 PM
Thread OP
Doing a real close up inspection of my 107 from Amazon I just realised that it's very fine printed model name on the canopy is not designated S107 H but rather Si07 H-G.....wow.
Mar 02, 2020, 01:18 PM

Some differences between the H and the G

I noticed from looking on the SymaToyStore website that the S107H has a few new features that are different from the "legacy" 107. The remote is white and the USB charger has a long thin barrel instead of the short plug, and that it has two LED lights on each side. Interesting.

Here's a video of someone reviewing one on YouTube:

Best RC Helicopter | Syma S107H-E | S107 S107G | RC Fun Review (23 min 30 sec)

One observation. The canopy on that heli is identical to my S107W.
Mar 02, 2020, 06:23 PM
Hi guys, Just read through this thread this guy in the YouTube vid owns & flys quite a few of these HELIs and does a great review on them for quite a few years. I have the S107G & it's a great trainer & flys easy indoors on rainy days but If you guys are looking for a great heli to fly outdoors that is very fast & won't break the bank check out the WL V911S I bought mine from walmart.com
Mar 02, 2020, 08:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3
I noticed from looking on the SymaToyStore website that the S107H has a few new features that are different from the "legacy" 107. The remote is white and the USB charger has a long thin barrel instead of the short plug, and that it has two LED lights on each side. Interesting.

Here's a video of someone reviewing one on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP7qxeUX3HA

One observation. The canopy on that heli is identical to my S107W.
The heli pictured here is identical to the one I got, same colour too.

Quick Reply