Aug 22, 2007, 09:43 AM
Foam flies better
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Yeah, I mean the batt that came with my HBFP. Needed those connectors for all my 2s CSRC 800 "air crafts".

I'd never try a flipp'n nihmshizl in a Ty..
Be glad you didnt. It isnt fun.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
So whats the diff between the Ty and this thing?

Looks like some different stickers.. and such.
Aug 22, 2007, 12:29 PM
Member 120mph Club
the tail is different... elevator and the wing tips are curved... not sure other then that... I have the typhoon and love it...
Aug 22, 2007, 12:37 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
burke, the acromaster is a more advanced platform in my opinion, it's a larger plane for certain and the flight characteristics are differnt i have heard (more characteristic of a balsa plane), i came super close to getting one of these planes...dragon who recently just got back on this thread i think, how are things btw? he has one and had nothing but good things to say about it if i can recall...

here is a link to a 150+ page thread on it :-)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474738

multiplex stuff is spot on, great builds, great products.

dave
Aug 22, 2007, 01:02 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
Hmm, DD BL outrunner
Aug 23, 2007, 11:06 PM
God is my pilot

Typhoon 2 SFG's on a Typhoon!

I'm looking for more consistant knife edge from my Typhoon 3D so I picked up some Typhoon 2 3D Side Force Generators.

The installation took about an hour as I had to figure out where to drill the holes in the wing. Looks like they go on the second rib from the outside edge. It took some time to line up the upper and lower bracket because I drilled prefect size holes and didn't leave any room for slop.

I let you know a flight report tomorrow.
Aug 23, 2007, 11:13 PM
"Because I was pǝʇɹǝʌuı"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich
I'm looking for more consistant knife edge from my Typhoon 3D so I picked up some Typhoon 2 3D Side Force Generators.

The installation took about an hour as I had to figure out where to drill the holes in the wing. Looks like they go on the second rib from the outside edge. It took some time to line up the upper and lower bracket because I drilled prefect size holes and didn't leave any room for slop.

Can't wait to hear how it goes....good luck!
Aug 24, 2007, 12:48 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
I have been kinda interested in the Acromaster. I have one of these, which is recommended for that plane.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=5925

It is lighter than the one you linked, and I am pretty happy with the Himax motors I have used. I still don't think it is needed, but I bet that would push the Ty like mad. Note the Acro is a bit heavier, so this will without a doubt pull a Ty.

Diggs
Aug 25, 2007, 07:38 PM
God is my pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich

Knife edge now requires very little rudder input. More predictable now. I need to play some more when there is less wind.
Aug 25, 2007, 07:55 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
Where do you buy the SFG's? I didn't think you could buy them separate. so I was selling mine in the for sale section.
Aug 25, 2007, 08:05 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
LOL, and I thought they were optional. I didn't realize they came stock with the TY2.

Diggs
Aug 25, 2007, 10:41 PM
God is my pilot
Quote:
Where do you buy the SFG's? I didn't think you could buy them separate. so I was selling mine in the for sale section.

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...yphoon2_parts/

It's towards the bottom. I just printed this out and took it to my Local Hobby Store and they had it for me the next day.

The install was a little tricky, would have been a snap with ty2 wings because they already have the holes in the wing and the ty doesn't. didn't take that long though. Keep your ty spend the $10 on the part if that's the only reason your're selling.
Aug 26, 2007, 12:30 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
o. $10. no wonder nobody wanted them for $20.
hehe.

Ok, $10 shipped?
Aug 29, 2007, 08:44 PM
RC is Lekker!
Hey guys...got tired of the saggy covering and toy looks of the original scheme on the Typhoon and mine was starting to wear a bit after about 50 or 60 flights to date.

Here are some pics on my re-maiden after the refurbish. Hope yall like. Flys better too with the tight covering.

- Anthony
Aug 30, 2007, 10:59 AM
Crash tester
Anthony, looks good. I monokoted mine a while back as well. a good tight covering seems to make the plane much faster, even if mine ended up 3 ounces heavier.

Quick Reply