Feb 26, 2020, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Preacher Scott! Preach on brother Beavis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pylonracr
So if I am Beavis, that makes you?????

Scott
Hahahahaha...Tim, you got yourself into this....
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2020, 12:00 PM
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ehab
Hahahahaha...Tim, you got yourself into this....
I am waiting to tell him he can open his mouth a little bigger and put the other foot in it....

Scott
Feb 26, 2020, 08:22 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Come on Scott. You think I’m that stupid? If I were any character from that show, it would certainly be Van Driesen.

Peace, baby!
Feb 26, 2020, 11:15 PM
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Come on Scott. You think Iím that stupid? If I were any character from that show, it would certainly be Van Driesen.

Peace, baby!
You really want me to answer that????

Peace

Scott
Feb 27, 2020, 02:32 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
Quote:
You really want me to answer that????

Peace

Scott
Yes I do.

Beavis.
Feb 27, 2020, 04:08 AM
Still gassin' it.
Hmmm… somehow I don't link high strung 2-strokes with lesbian seagulls...
Feb 27, 2020, 01:26 PM
Whats that drip ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ehab
Unfortunately sounds correct, and now with the stupid FAA potential remote ID rules, Most RC businesses are in a panic/hold mode...me thinks!
Aahh, and enters the RC Transponder System, and or RCTCAS. Another device to carry onboard
Feb 27, 2020, 01:30 PM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlyer
Aahh, and enters the RC transponder system. Another device to carry onboard
Problem is that the current rules proposal does not allow for any add-on systems. Only a complete ready to fly aircraft system from the manufacturer that is electronically "Tamper Proof" and certified by the FAA. 100% of everything that we now own would be illegal.

I sure hope everyone has made their comments on this rule.

Feb 27, 2020, 01:50 PM
Whats that drip ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Problem is that the current rules proposal does not allow for any add-on systems. Only a complete ready to fly aircraft system from the manufacturer that is electronically "Tamper Proof" and certified by the FAA. 100% of everything that we now own would be illegal.

I sure hope everyone has made their comments on this rule.

I don't think they'll go that route. A tamper proof receiver with built in transponder could be implemented into the current airborne systems, but I'd walk away from the hobby if this was forced onto the RC hobbyist. Autonomous UAV / Drones, I can understand the need for a transponder, so real world aircraft can see it on their TCAS, and ATC or course, But for us RC pilots that fly from designated sites, and are mostly confined to a relatively small airspace, I think it's ridiculous to impose. Now I fly from a site that is less than a mile from a GA airport, you can be certain, that system will be inserted directly without any petroleum jelly
Feb 27, 2020, 02:10 PM
I am from a different country, although we always seem to follow in the footsteps of the U.S. whether good or bad. I do occasionally fly control line in the US. Would a Single transponder not be good enough to just have One at the flying field as a warning to full scale pilots?
Feb 27, 2020, 02:20 PM
Whats that drip ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed
I am from a different country, although we always seem to follow in the footsteps of the U.S. whether good or bad. I do occasionally fly control line in the US. Would a Single transponder not be good enough to just have One at the flying field as a warning to full scale pilots?
No, Autonomous UAV / Drones fly can easily encroach on real world aircraft airspace, so in those cases the transponder would have to be onboard the model, so the TCAS can pickup the TS signal and alert the RW pilot of its vicinity, so collision avoidance can be implemented by the RW pilot.
Feb 28, 2020, 02:56 PM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
This thread sure took a turn south!

Back on subject. Has anyone tried the Dub Jett in-cowl mufflers?

I will have to measure but that might be the best high-end solution.

Feb 28, 2020, 04:48 PM
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
This thread sure took a turn south!

Back on subject. Has anyone tried the Dub Jett in-cowl mufflers?

I will have to measure but that might be the best high-end solution.

I Have. I put a Turbo Jett muffler on an OS AX95 in the cowl of a CAP 232. The performance gain over the stock muffler was a little shy of what you get with a Jett tuned muffler but it almost all fit in the cowl. I had to cut a small hole in the bottom of the cowl for the body of the muffler and obviously one for the outlet. Sorry I don't have any photos of it, but I built it for a friend. If you look on Dub's website there is a picture of a plane with one on it and a small part of the front of the muffler body is sticking out through the cowl, that is about what I had to do.

http://www.dubjett.com/mufflers2015.html

Bottom of the page. The Edge 540.

Scott
Feb 28, 2020, 07:12 PM
A man with too many toys
Thread OP
Quote:
I Have. I put a Turbo Jett muffler on an OS AX95 in the cowl of a CAP 232. The performance gain over the stock muffler was a little shy of what you get with a Jett tuned muffler but it almost all fit in the cowl. I had to cut a small hole in the bottom of the cowl for the body of the muffler and obviously one for the outlet. Sorry I don't have any photos of it, but I built it for a friend. If you look on Dub's website there is a picture of a plane with one on it and a small part of the front of the muffler body is sticking out through the cowl, that is about what I had to do.

http://www.dubjett.com/mufflers2015.html

Bottom of the page. The Edge 540.

Scott
How do those sound?

Feb 28, 2020, 07:24 PM
Scott
They are about as loud as a stock muffler.

Scott

Quick Reply