Willy Nillies - JR. SKYLARK 5.0-7 ounce

Are you looking for something small and awesome? Then check this out...

Splash

JR. SKYLARK Beta Kit

While we have done a lot of work to bring this particular kit to market, there may (or may not!) be very, very minor error(s) in certain cut parts. Nothing a touch of sanding or shave of a hobby knife won't fix. There will be minimal instructions included with the Beta kits. We depend on our Beta kit builders to ask us questions and point out things that would be helpful in build instructions and to suggest improvements or options in full production kits. For this help we give you a significant discount on what would be normal price.

Willy Nillies Jr Skylark maiden 2 15 20 (5 min 40 sec)

JR. SKYLARK - 250 specs:

• Wingspan: 29"
  • Wing Chord 5.75"
  • Wing Area: 166.75 sq in
  • Fuselage length from the front of the fuselage to tip of rudder: 18.375"
  • Flying Weight Brushless or Glow: 5.0-7 ounces.
  • Wing Loading:4.32 oz/sq ft to 5.18 oz/sq ft.
  • Wing CUBE Loading: 4 to 4.8

Features:

• Build as 2, 3 or 4 channel
  • Easy access battery hatch
  • Built in servo tray in fuselage (includes 3rd servo cutout for PeeWee .020 RC users)
  • Semi-Symmetrical airfoil
  • Laser cut self jigging construction - The entire airframe can be built and ready to cover in less than 2 hours!
  • Full length shear web re-enforced main spar

Includes:

• All wood pieces to build the entire airframe
  • .032 K&S music wire pushrods
  • .052 K&S music wire for landing gear and elevator half connection
  • Laser-cut wheel retainers
  • Motor mounting screws, blind nuts and washers
  • Universal laser cut plywood motor mounts
  • 6 each number 32 rubber bands for attaching wing

Recommended equipment:

• 2, 3 or 4 each 3.7 to 5 gram servos - wing is setup for dual aileron servos.
  • Power: 1306 - 3000kv brushless motor or Cox Pee Wee .020 glow engine
  • For Brushless - 350 to 500 mah 2s lipo battery
  • minimum 8 amp ESC.
  • Gemfan 5030 or 6030 or equivalent propeller

Learn More

Go to Willy Nillies to see all their small RC aircraft!

Feb 25, 2020, 12:24 PM
A man with too many toys
I have the JR Falcon kit that I have not yet started.

My only complaint id the instructions. I have built hundreds of kits so I should not have any problems but someone new to kit building would be lost. I hope they improve the instructions in the future.

Feb 25, 2020, 02:54 PM
Design Engineer
Looks like an awesome little plane.
Feb 25, 2020, 04:08 PM
DFS#000178
I have one that's going on my bench when my Mirage is done.

That Seniorita scheme on it is freaking gorgeous though.
Last edited by Rampage; Feb 26, 2020 at 12:51 AM.
Feb 25, 2020, 04:28 PM
My Dad gave me one that he built for me in the 70s set up with a cox 049 set up with Rudder only , I had a blast flying that thing

you had to wiggle the rudder to get it to take off and the fly until the engine quit and glide in for the landings , Good Times
Feb 25, 2020, 04:58 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
Where was the video shot? Brings back memories of West Texas.'

Tony
Feb 25, 2020, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPfingston
Where was the video shot? Brings back memories of West Texas.'

Tony
Glendale Arizona
Feb 25, 2020, 06:19 PM
Ya know,, one could put one of these together in several ways optimized for pattern, trainer, fun-fly or speed. I build one of the originals from CG as a 1/2A pylon racer. It didn't do too bad.

Myself, I'd reduce the dyhedral, modify the airfoil to be symmetrical, increase control surface area and go for a bit more power. Could be a decent micro pattern plane.
Feb 25, 2020, 07:13 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashCrash
Ya know,, one could put one of these together in several ways optimized for pattern, trainer, fun-fly or speed. I build one of the originals from CG as a 1/2A pylon racer. It didn't do too bad.

Myself, I'd reduce the dyhedral, modify the airfoil to be symmetrical, increase control surface area and go for a bit more power. Could be a decent micro pattern plane.
The nice thing is the kit includes like 4 different sets of dyhedral braces so you can do exactly that.
Feb 25, 2020, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
I have the JR Falcon kit that I have not yet started.

My only complaint id the instructions. I have built hundreds of kits so I should not have any problems but someone new to kit building would be lost. I hope they improve the instructions in the future.

Isn't the JR Falcon also still a beta kit, with the same disclaimer about instructions as this one?
Feb 25, 2020, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
Isn't the JR Falcon also still a beta kit, with the same disclaimer about instructions as this one?
Yes, that is correct. Detailed build manuals and videos are being worked on. Once those are done and uploaded, the beta program will be over.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
Feb 26, 2020, 10:23 AM
Builder report.

Dennis writes "Just finished my Jr Skylark 250.

All up weight with bolt on wing and steerable nose wheel mods is 6.7oz/193gr. The red and white covering is Ultracote Light Transparent covering. The black stripes are The World Models Lightex and the White is normal Ultracote. All covering was in my scrap box, so good to use up some odds and ends.

Another fun build, thanks WN!"
Feb 26, 2020, 08:21 PM
Failure is not an option
Genius way to mount your motor!
Feb 26, 2020, 10:47 PM
fix-n-fly
That is an absolute beauty! Where did you get the canopy???
Feb 27, 2020, 08:58 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-n-fly
That is an absolute beauty! Where did you get the canopy???
I purchased my canopy from Park Flyer Plastics. I also understand that Willy Nillies is adding a vacuum forming station to pull their own canopies.
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge

Quick Reply