This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 24, 2020, 08:39 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Volantex - Super Cub ( 750mm )

One problem after another !

A) Servos plugged in the wrong way - Rud and Ele in the wrong servo ports on the Rx board
B) They used 4 pin servos ( B hives )
C) The control arms for the Ailerons were hitting the fuselage , no clearance for them . ( Idiots )
D) Rudder and ail servo arms needed to be re fit as they were not right ( Angle )
E) Battery does not fit . I had to cut foam away from the battery bay so that I could fit the battery into the fuselage . Without cutting , no way the battery would fit .
F) The transmitter belongs in the rubbish bin . Butt , and it's a big butt ! This is the RTF version with stability .
G) Stupid not using a mainstream protocol - like - Frsky - Flysky - DSM2 - S-FHSS ( Really stupid )

Oh well ! This is the plane I have wanted for a long time . And unfortunately it is so far some what disappointing due to all the work needed to just make it work . Off all the reviews I have seen , not one complaint or criticism . ( What the parking lot ) . This one , there was plenty to complain about ! In fact there is no way I would recommend this to a new person to the hobby , not even as a second or 3rd model . If how ever you are a Veteran RC person , then you should be capable of assessing and correcting problems as you go along .

To any and all reviewers that have told porkies about the super cub ( eat dirt ) .
It's getting so you cant trust anyone any more ! Either that or I am the only person to get a problem child ( What are the odds of that = I better check my lottery ticket - might be onto another winner )

Next I guess is a flight or crash video ..

Motor draws 8.9A on the factory supplied prop ..

PART 2 ( pictures )
Last edited by old4570; Feb 25, 2020 at 11:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply