This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 23, 2020, 10:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bee 490 Flight video .. &

Bee 490 flying wing (17 min 44 sec)

Flying my Bee 490 ..
CG is about 105mm

It was impossible to trim for level flight !
The bee was either climbing or diving ( gently )
There was no level flight .
I attribute this to the CG still being too far back @ 105mm from the nose .
The wing turns tight .
I was flying this small wing slowly , and I think very close to stall !
In fact I did stall it one time .
I also crashed it in the video cos I took my eyes of it for a moment , that was just long enough for the Bee to hunt the ground . ( No damage )
But the bee did fling the battery and voltage tester alarm . ( damage could have resulted )

Hindsight !

@ 105mm CG there is still instability
I would change my suggestion and offer a 90mm to 100mm CG location .
The Bee can fly slowly , but I think I was flying close to stall speed ( Risky business )
Next time , will be with the 1000mAh 2s and the 100mm CG
Flying weight was 143.4 grams = Porky ! for a 490mm wing .
No wonder I stalled it into the ground that one time ( on video )
Flight time = Over ten minutes and the battery was 3.9v per cell when I called it .
Battery voltage checker alarm was set to 3.7v ( never got there )

Would I recommend a Bee 490 = Oh hell yeah ! Mine is Porky , build it to 100grams or less and you will be rewarded with an
incredible flight envelope . Crash survive ability and with the right power combo , some really nice flight time . The power to weight on this one is just under 1:1 and if I went 3s I could probably rule the world . ( Not really ) On 3s this would be so fast .

The Bee 490 is after all a twin wing kit ! , and my next one will be 18650 .....
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply